London SE1 community website

Food hygiene in restaurants etc.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 28 September 2010 12.20pm
It is officially impossible to watch Spooks too much.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 1.45pm
James Hatts wrote:
james78's family owns the Tower Tandoori.

What James78 failed to mention was the free entertainment of mice running around the restaurant!
Monday 4 October 2010 4.10pm
Hahaa! yes it's true I do have a connection with the Tower Tandoori... I live above their restaurant and I would say the lads working their are good friends.
I wish I did own the restaurant! However, I would have to be from Baangla, they all seem to work in Indian restaurants!

Thanks for the entertainment!
Monday 4 October 2010 4.33pm
In that case, james78, why does the Tower Tandoori's email newsletter for customers give your address as the contact for people who wish to unsubscribe?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 5 October 2010 4.43pm
Huh? I think you've got the wrong person?

My email/address has no connection with Tower Tandori. Just because I have said nice things about the restaurant, doesn't mean I own it. hahaa

I merely like their restaurant and appreciate their friendship. Also, everytime I visit the guy always jokes, 'make sure you write nice stuff about us on the internet and we'll give you a discount!'...not that i've been a discount yet! Hope your listening guys! hint hint ;o)

Anyhow, if you think i'm a fraud just ask the restaurant about me or kindly delete me. Not being able to post on a forum page won't make too much of a difference to my life. :o)

Take care.
Tuesday 5 October 2010 5.09pm
I'm amazed that you persist in lying even after being caught out.

And I see you've now changed the address you used to register on this site and entered the fake name "James Sandringham".

It's laughable.

You should be aware that the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 prohibit traders from:

"Falsely claiming or creating the impression that the trader is not acting for purposes relating to his/her trade, business, craft or profession, or falsely representing oneself as a consumer."

Why not come clean and admit that you are the manager of the Tower Tandoori?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 5 October 2010 5.19pm
I don't think I have to give any further explanations. Like I have said, if you feel I am being fraudulent, kindly delete my profile.

However, I prefer if you do not class me a 'liar' and also please do not mention my full name on a forum thread where I prefer to remain anonymous. I presume that itself is against the rules and regulations.

If I was a trader, it would be important for me to understand the 'Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008', however this does not apply to me.

Regards
Tuesday 5 October 2010 10.53pm
james78 wrote:
and also please do not mention my full name on a forum thread where I prefer to remain anonymous. I presume that itself is against the rules and regulations.

Brilliant.

Clicking the link "james78" on the heading of all your various shabby posts in this thread reveals your name.

Doh!
Wednesday 6 October 2010 10.23am
Though that doesnt appear to be his real name. So I doubt there are any data protection issues about mentioning the fake name someone has used when it is already public anyway... ;)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions