London SE1 community website

General questions about Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 30 July 2010 3.09pm
Thames Clipper from London Eye to North Greenwich, I imagine.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/15544.aspx
Friday 30 July 2010 3.11pm
The boats are run by Thames Clippers - http://www.thamesclippers.com has all the details

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 30 July 2010 4.08pm
You could catch the Thames Clipper from the Bankside pier, just outside The Globe theatre.
Friday 30 July 2010 6.32pm
There is a very popular kebab shop in the Cut, open until 3 am I think, two 24 shops/off licenses, there is even one in the same building as the Union Street Travelodge. There are loads of friendly pubs, nearest to the hotel are Lord Nelson and Union Jack, Charles Dickens a bit further, in the other direction The Ring, The Windmill. There is also a cafe for your fry-ups just off the Cut, in Hatfields.

It will only take you about 30 mins to walk to the West End from your hotel and walking along the river is very nice. And I never see any football hooligans here, and I live across the road from the hotel! You'll like it here and find most things you want on your doorstep!
Friday 30 July 2010 11.05pm
Haven't got much to add to the excellent answers from others, but welcome and enjoy!
Saturday 31 July 2010 6.54pm
Auntie Pat wrote:
Haven't got much to add to the excellent answers from others, but welcome and enjoy!

Thank you, I'm sure I'll have more questions from now until October when I visit.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions