London SE1 community website

Restaurants/'doggie-bags'

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 9 August 2010 5.37pm
Yep! There are some other great anecdotes from his time at The Archduke but i think that one was the most eye browing raising. Another good one was administering cpr to someone who had just had a heart attack and a table of customers insisting that they wanted to pay for their meal as they were in a hurry

Back to the nut thread, I think that is why on the bag of peanuts they used to give out on planes (before they were banned completely), they used to put 'warning this product contains nuts' ...
mac
Tuesday 10 August 2010 9.35am
Just to update you all on the Joel's restaurant saga: I emailed the restaurant manager to explain what happened and he has invited me back for a meal as his 'guest'. I'll let you know how it goes....
Tuesday 10 August 2010 12.36pm
mac wrote:
yes, I wish I had made more of a fuss. I would have wrapped it up in the napkin myself only they provided cloth napkins. Guess I should go armed with my own tupperware box next time (though I doubt there will be a next time)...

Mac, as a consequence to your last sentence above you should not go anymore to this place or is it because it is free? You could also just ask for your money back (sorry for being sarcastic).

I do understand all the big hotels and restaurants they act the way they do. The people are more likely going to sue them then a small chinese take-away as there is more money to get.
It is very sad, but our world has come so far that people are more cautious nowadays.
mac
Tuesday 10 August 2010 1.59pm
I wrote to the manager saying that I wanted to be reimbursed for the 2/3rds of the steak I didn't eat. He wrote back to say I could have a free meal instead, which I thought was fair. The issue has been raised with them, and he said we could discuss it further in person, so hopefully they will realise that their current policy is silly. The food was delicious, so I am happy to return for a free meal (though it's true I wouldn't have gone back if I had to pay myself given there are so many other nice restaurants around). If you make a complaint to an establishment and they make efforts to rectify it then I think it would be churlish to cast aside their offer.
Tuesday 10 August 2010 3.32pm
I'm glad this has an amicable ending / solution. The establishment has recognised this and the manager is willing to recompense however.... what happens if on the second time you you wanted to leave with a doggy bag ? The same issue still prevails.....I would take your own bag, pack the remnants and just leg it out the restaurant after leaving money on the table, youtube it too pls.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions