London SE1 community website

Barclays Cycle Hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 7 of 11
Wednesday 11 August 2010 4.50pm
zefrog wrote:
and 5 south London stations in the top 10!

I made it 4 [/pedantry], but yes we are BRILLIANT this side of the river!
Wednesday 11 August 2010 4.58pm
mmm, yes.... the list may have been updated since when I counted... #clutchingatstraws

but yes, considering the north/south proportion of station we are doing very well.
Thursday 12 August 2010 10.19pm
Moan moan ... so we can't all be canary-yellow clad gobby fools with 100 gears and bad attitudes towards anything daring to be seen on the roads in the hours of daylight on 4-wheels.

So the bikes are undergeared? So the racks are sometimes full/empty? So you get charged and later get the money back? Be glad. It's a great scheme that is a huge leap forward for this city. Wonderfully flexible and a real alternative to the hellish tubes and buses. And a great way to see the city. Real progress, and all thanks to Boris, for the first time since he got elected.
Thursday 12 August 2010 10.28pm
londonone wrote:
Real progress, and all thanks to Boris, for the first time since he got elected.
Ken's idea wasn't it?
Thursday 12 August 2010 11.19pm
londonone wrote:
Moan moan ... so we can't all be canary-yellow clad gobby fools with 100 gears and bad attitudes towards anything daring to be seen on the roads in the hours of daylight on 4-wheels.
So the bikes are undergeared? So the racks are sometimes full/empty? So you get charged and later get the money back? Be glad. It's a great scheme that is a huge leap forward for this city. Wonderfully flexible and a real alternative to the hellish tubes and buses. And a great way to see the city. Real progress, and all thanks to Boris, for the first time since he got elected.

////

Conceived by Ken, executed by Boris. Mmm. Maybe we should have had a a Labour/Tory coalition after all.
Friday 13 August 2010 9.16am
Yep: great idea, not very good execution... Thanks Boris.
TAK
Friday 13 August 2010 11.40am
Does anyone know what that recent activity log is?
Are anyone's charges listed there? Does it have remotely anything to do with my account?

Since yesterday I'm having suddenly more and more charges / payments popping up even though I still don't have an access key and account is not even activated.
But log lists 90, 96, 45, 24, 12 here and there...

I'm really worried with those random charges appearing and don't feel comfortable that they have my credit card details, especially so as it's impossible to speak to anyone apart from the overflow centre taking my details whilst no-one returns the call....

I seriously consider cancelling - before I even ever managed to try - and maybe subscribe in two months or so when all is hopefully sorted....real shame - it sounds like a great scheme but problems encountered sound more severe than just teething problems.... Was it maybe launched too early?

Does anyone know if other countries / cities encountered similar (severe) problems?
Friday 13 August 2010 1.32pm
The activity log should list the transactions made on your account as well the trips you have made. There are report of phantom transactions and trips but they usually seem to disappear after a while.

You can only buy access for a day, week or year. not for a month (no idea why).
Friday 13 August 2010 2.10pm
I had an illegitimate +45 and then -45 on sign-up. Also had the +1 and +3, which I was expecting, and then a -1 and -3 so I'm not sure if I've paid anything! Just taken two trips and they've both appeared ok.
TAK
Friday 13 August 2010 2.22pm
ledge wrote:
I had an illegitimate +45 and then -45 on sign-up. Also had the +1 and +3, which I was expecting, and then a -1 and -3 so I'm not sure if I've paid anything! Just taken two trips and they've both appeared ok.

I think the + and - bookings are charges applied to your account and payments made / taken from your credit card.
Just logged into my account again and yesterdays and todays phantom charges don't appear anymore now.....
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 7 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions