London SE1 community website

William Dudley

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 August 2010 1.06pm
Hello
I'm new to this site and came across it by accident. The topic I came across was asking for information relating to family history. I know it's a bit of a long shot but I would be grateful for any information or where I could look for information about someone called William Dudley. The only thing I know about him is that he died at the age of 47 on the 5th July 1918 from pneumonia. He met Emily Elizabeth Farmer around 1916 and they had 3 children together one born in 1917 and twins who were born in May 1918. Although the children have their father's surname on their birth certificates, I suspect Emily and William never married. I also believe William was married before but cannot yet confirm the details I have. When William died he was living at 44 Library Mansions in Southwark and was a general trader (or street trader). Is there a register of street traders held anywhere.
Any information or ideas where I could search next will be gratefully received. Many thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions