London SE1 community website

Kid friendly pubs and are there any ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 23 August 2010 4.57pm
Debra - any chance you can post a list of pubs you visit so I can avoid them like the plague?

I wouldn't want to listen to you moaning about "the warm sherry", "dirty windows" or "the bloody weather" - thanks.

;-)
Monday 23 August 2010 5.25pm
Um... Haven't we all been through this before???

Ahem..

Not in SE1 but very child-friendly the Herne Tavern, which is just opposite Peckham Rye Park, is lovely.

No ties - my friend held her daughter's 3rd birthday there earlier this year and there are always loads of kids running around - and the food is lovely!

http://www.theherne.net/about
Monday 23 August 2010 9.10pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Debra - any chance you can post a list of pubs you visit so I can avoid them like the plague?
I wouldn't want to listen to you moaning about "the warm sherry", "dirty windows" or "the bloody weather" - thanks.

;-)

You took the words right out of my mouth .........

Thanks all , now where is my A-Z ? :-)
Tuesday 24 August 2010 10.26am
the founders arm on the river allows kids as long as they dont linger at the bar ( says on the signs)
there were a few familys enjoying sunday afternoon there ( the deck area was packed at 5.30pm when we strolled past).

The Crown ( yes, me), doesnt normally get many kids in ... untill yesterday afternoon, 8 mums, 8 buggys, 9 babies, followed by 8 hot chocolates and a bottle warming facility. ( i just hope the missus didnt get any ideas)

cheers all

phil
Tuesday 24 August 2010 1.10pm
bigphil wrote:
the founders arm on the river allows kids as long as they dont linger at the bar ( says on the signs)
there were a few familys enjoying sunday afternoon there ( the deck area was packed at 5.30pm when we strolled past).

The Crown ( yes, me), doesnt normally get many kids in ... untill yesterday afternoon, 8 mums, 8 buggys, 9 babies, followed by 8 hot chocolates and a bottle warming facility. ( i just hope the missus didnt get any ideas)

cheers all

phil

Hey thats great as you're not too far away from me .
So if you see a tattooed and pierced woman with her son in your place then shout out Hi Nancy .....

Cheers
Tuesday 24 August 2010 6.35pm
The George on Borough High Street is child friendly, except the main bar area. It is a wonderful old galleried pub, the only one left in London I think? Not great food but I'm sure the kids won't mind too much, massive courtyard and a very old-worldy feel in the old part of the pub.
Wednesday 25 August 2010 9.29pm
Inked Mink wrote:
Boss St Bloke wrote:

;-)

You took the words right out of my mouth .........

Thanks all , now where is my A-Z ? :-)

Sherry? Sherry? Who drinks that, warm or otherwise?
And I could care less about windows, whenever I'm in a pub it is normally dark and you cannot see what is outside the windows, do people seriously go into a pub and then check the condition of the windows? Weather? Rain or shine I enjoy a couple of vodka and tonics wherever I happen to be when the mood takes me.
If you want to avoid me, (and please do, you churl), then steer clear of The Ship York in Rotherhithe, The Queen Victoria in Southwark Park Road and on occasion The Victoria in Pages Walk.
I reiterate, children are wonderful, I just prefer pubs that do not have them in the bar when I'm there enjoying a quiet drink and grown up conversation.
Thursday 26 August 2010 12.16pm
Debrajoan wrote:
If you want to avoid me, (and please do, you churl)...
How lovely to see your "grown up conversation" in action, DJ.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 26 August 2010 3.22pm
Inked Mink wrote:
I dont know anyone here and would like to find some friends locally.

Debrajoan wrote:
I'm a firm believer in time and place

There is a time and a place for a discussion about kids in pubs and this thread wasn't one of them. The OP simply asked where she could go with her son. It's so unwelcoming to turn that into a debate.
Thursday 26 August 2010 5.56pm
Beetroot is quite right, the original query was are there any kid-friendly pubs, and poor old DJ shot from the lip again and got herself in deep doo-doo.
Personally I don't like pubs that have karaoke, or sell one brand of everything à la The Angel and The Anchor Tap but wild horses couldn't make me get into a an online debate about it, I hope that the original poster finds somewhere that suits and that BSB and DJ don't have a shootout at the OK corral!
Now, let's make nice and change the subject.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions