London SE1 community website

Elephant and Castle Leisure Centre Project Consultation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8
Thursday 29 March 2012 3.16pm
Elephant & Castle consultation for dummies
click here
Thursday 29 March 2012 3.17pm
heheh may be time for another public tai-chi session?
Thursday 29 March 2012 3.19pm
I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more...or something. This is Soooooo depressing.
Thursday 29 March 2012 8.07pm
graham wrote:
Elephant & Castle consultation for dummies click here

The Lib-Dems would have done just the same deals with Lend Lease as Labour are doing unless you know something we don't know.
Thursday 29 March 2012 11.22pm
I couldn't possible say.
Friday 30 March 2012 10.44pm
graham wrote:
I couldn't possible say.

Yes, one of the problems of the regeneration has always been that the Councils (whichever party they belong to) refuse to actually say anything of substance and use to local people about what is going on. Even the Community Forum and Liaison Group meetings put on for us lowly locals by Lend Lease aren't giving anything away and just repeatedly hide behind the minimal info they've put on their consultation display boards. Any regeneration scheme can only guarantee that benefits are maintained for the local community if some kind of open masterplanning process is undertaken. The last 10 years at The Elephant has been so secretive as to be entirely useless to anyone who wants to be active in their community and make a difference. It's been like banging your head against a wall.
Saturday 31 March 2012 9.35am
Amen to THAT Merlin Rouge. I was SO gung ho about the whole project and in my heart I still - sort of - believe in it....there is absolutely no reason why it SHOULDNT happen, but one way and another these inept politicos seem to manage to throw a spanner in the works at every turn. I've given up the hope of seeing it in my life time, I can tell you that!
Tuesday 1 May 2012 2.13pm
The current leisure centre will shut down at 5pm on 5 June

There is another exhibition of designs for the redevelopment later this month

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions