London SE1 community website

Loud Scooters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Wednesday 25 August 2010 12.52pm
The police and wardens are aware of the situation,
and are 'treating it as a priority'. I'm sure they would appreciate any up to date information, or please send to me to collate & forward.
Thanks
Graham Neale
Thursday 26 August 2010 3.04pm
I've also seen the kid who seems to be the main offender, unfortunately the only time he got close to me (riding down the pavement to stop outside the yellow supermarket at the corner of St James) I didn't realise it was him so didn't get the number.

Then he sped off and - you have to hand it to him on the talent given he has an L plate - pulled a wheelie from outside the lawyers' office to just the other side of Iceland, as I watched from a distance thinking "Oh go on, fall off and give everyone a laugh".

Since then it's just been vuvuzela-style noise at night, but I'll look out for a registration number if I can!
Thursday 26 August 2010 6.52pm
Sounds to me like his days are numbered with the amount of profile he's giving himself. The ego of the young...
Thursday 26 August 2010 8.16pm
While we've got Councillors here... supposing hypothetically that I had a shop downstairs that was using its back yard as a rubbish tip, leaving a dog out all day to bark and crap and chase the managed feral cat colony under the railway arches, had implausibly noisy extractor fans, and saw a remarkable number of cars arriving late at night with tinted windows, who would I call; noise pollution? animal control? environmental health? police?

I fear if I call the lot, or one a night for four nights, it may constitute harrassment!

I must come across as such a whinger on this forum. I'm sorry, I'm not always like this.
Friday 27 August 2010 3.33pm
I've just seen a squad car full of cops stopping a scooter rider in Southwark Park Road, seems like the police are taking a tough line with young motorcyclists.
Friday 27 August 2010 6.47pm
Wow, thanks for reporting, Graham! Proof in the precipitation-free wee hours, methinks!
Tuesday 31 August 2010 2.58pm
Sorry to say the main offender was making his presence known for a good few hours yesterday. Finally managed to see him properly and noticed he has no registration! Black scooter, black helmet, and the police called again.

Thanks for letting me continue to vent/report here.
Tuesday 31 August 2010 3.59pm
No reg is against the law the police should act immediatly as the bike is probably stolen
Friday 3 September 2010 5.22pm
The local police have been in touch, thanking you for the info about the bikes & riders. Some section 59 notices have been issued, (essentially riders promise not to commit nuisance with motor vehicles). Please keep in touch via pm or email next time you hear the noise.
Friday 3 September 2010 7.51pm
Thanks very much for your hard work on this, Graham! - and of course the local police.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions