London SE1 community website

Loud Scooters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Sunday 31 July 2011 6.31pm
...and so it begins again... {sigh}

M x
Sunday 31 July 2011 11.36pm
I think it's fairly constant (or at least on and off) - you just don't really notice it until the weather gets hot enough to want to leave your window open at night...

That said, had it for a couple of nights last week down Southwark Park Road, haven't noticed it this week. Probably jinxed it now.
Monday 1 August 2011 10.12am
There is some fat kid who looks about 16 on a flipping quad bike now with no helmet. There are also lots of kids on monkey bikes zipping around the place that seem to be part of the same crew.
Monday 1 August 2011 12.15pm
South Bermondsey Safer Neighbourhood team:
Click here
or Phone
020 8721 2802
07766 474479
Cllr Graham Neale
079464 38 380
office@grahamneale.com
Tuesday 2 August 2011 12.25am
Theres a kid with no helmet who is clearly underage (aside from the no helmet thing) who roars about with no regard for traffic or pedestrians round Gedling Place, Abbey Street and Neckinger.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 9.40am
If it bothers people so much, why not report it (on a place other than this forum)?

Graham has even given you the contact details to report it to.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 12.51am
Well Ivanhoe because in my experience reporting this stuff is a major waste of time even if I'd got the plate number which I didn't on either occasion.

If you are really lucky you may even get accused of harassing the person causing the problem by complaining about them and told you would have to bring a private prosecution against them if you want anything done.

I don't know anything about the numbers Graham is posted these are just my experiences with the local antisocial behavior lot (accused of harassing the person causing the problem by complaining about them and told you would have to bring a private prosecution against them if you want anything done) and the police (A. don't turn up even when you report a guy in the act of trying to break into a car outside your house and B. tell you if you do run over an underage unhelmeted kid on a motorbike going at speed the wrong way up a one way street you will go to prison and no they aren't coming to look for him. That was a couple of years ago. Maybe they've changed)
Wednesday 3 August 2011 3.37pm
If you've really been told that by the police, then wouldn't complaining to the right people still be better than posting on here?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic. It would be great to look on here one day and see you posting that your problem has been resolved. But I genuinely believe that doing something about it (other than posting on a forum) will give you a better chance of getting it sorted.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 3.45pm
Please let me know, and I'll pass on the events, but not your details.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions