London SE1 community website

London Bridge Experience harassment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Thursday 26 August 2010 10.25am
Lee and Danny Scriven are the owners
Thursday 26 August 2010 10.31am
Name & Registered Office:
THE LONDON BRIDGE EXPERIENCE LIMITED
UNIT 8 VICTORIA PARK TRADING ESTATE
VICTORIA ROAD
DARTFORD
KENT
DA1 5AJ
Company No. 06243411

This is the fifth registered office they've had in 3 years.

Directors are Daniel Edward Scriven and Lee Daniel Scriven. Companies house will give you their contact addresses for 1 - http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/
Friday 27 August 2010 9.57am
Thanks for all the posts on this. It is somewhat comforting to know that other locals have also been abused by this company and those that represent it, although one upset SE1er is too many.

Councillor Anood Al-Samerai, I have had no reply from the csc@southwark.gov.uk email last week. Can you please let me know what you suggestions would be to the London Bridge Experience about toning down their behaviour and what your organisation and they agree to do in future?

I have now had the following audacious reply from James Kislingbury which I reproduce in full. It came a week after my first email, but better late than never.

Dear lyster101

Firstly I would like to apologise for my delayed response, before I responded I wanted to carry out an investigation and with August being our busy time of year it's been hard to pin everyone down.

We do work with many local community groups and organisations to ensure that we don't offend street users. We invest a lot of time and money into charitable and educational projects within the local community and listen to feedback from the local community.

Our street promotions team is important to the company due to the poor signage and street layout within the area. We have many of our guests that exit the London Bridge Station and need to be guided to the main entrance. We do also leaflet and gain awareness of the attraction outside the London Bridge Station as the main gateway into the area. Other companies do very similar including, McDonalds, London Dungeons, Tuli and various others.

Our promotions team have become very much loved by many passersby's and many of them enjoy the shows that we offer to them. I realise that this is not always everyone's cup of tea but we don't force anyone to stand and watch the shows. I also feel it very important to highlight that the location of our staged area is upon private land and we're very aware not to overstep our boundaries from this area with our stage so that we don't infringe upon public property.

The member of staff in question claims that you jumped out on him after he tried to hand a leaflet to the lady with you, he goes on further to claim that you physically pushed him aggressively whilst swearing. The staff member in question does admit to swearing back at you after the initial altercation which he will be disciplined for.

I do obviously want to try and get to the bottom of this and I would suggest that if you would like to give me a call I would be very happy to talk about the matter and try to get to the bottom of this.

Kind regards,

James Kislingbury
General Manager

Tel: 020 7403 6333

The London Bridge Experience
2 - 4 Tooley street
London
SE1 2SY

Winner of "The Best Year round Scare Attraction" Screamies 2008

Finalist in "Most Innovative Marketing" British Youth Travel Awards 2009

Clearly he has only my word against that of this other chap. I replied to this email reiterating my side of the story, defending my moderate, hands-off request to be left in peace. I also informed him that other people have also felt maltreated and I suggested that his company clearly mark out the perimeter of their 'private land' and vacate the pavement area as well as suggesting that they may consider supporting charities working with victims of bullying or domestic violence.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be warmly received.
Tuesday 31 August 2010 10.25am
well, the other day, I was walking past this place with a pal and her young child - who was in a pushchair. This nasty looking (due to all the grey and black makeup) looking chap insisted on getting his face way too close to her and making the child take a leaflet - which I shoved back in disgust.
How dare they do that. It's completely unwarranted and basically harrassment and nearly assault!

Lyster, the letter you received in reply, to be honest looks a little threatening towards the end. Stick with it and good luck. If my pal and her little girl were not so ill, I woudl have walked in there and requested to see some sort of manager to resolve it there and then.
Thursday 2 September 2010 5.21am
I am also concerned at the increasing demands for 'liebensraum' by this company, the dungeon and now the winebar. Increasingly, it is impossible to negotiate the pavement for their barriers AND customers ...
Thursday 2 September 2010 12.14pm
James Kislingbury wrote "Our promotions team have become very much loved by many passersby's and many of them enjoy the shows that we offer to them."

Hands up passersbys who love them?

It is so loud when I go passed on a bus every day so can't think what it is like walking passed it!
Thursday 2 September 2010 7.16pm
they are vile interlopers and cheapen the area with the tatty attraction...whoever allowed this disgrace to set up business needs to be named and shamed
Thursday 2 September 2010 7.31pm
agreed Paul - I would love to know how they brief their pavement staff...

"Give 'em hell - sell, sell, take no prisoners, be obnoxious, don't take 'no' for an answer, be LOUD! ", etc.

I cross the road when I get to that tainted area of Tooley Street.
Friday 3 September 2010 11.52am
Problem is the other side of the road is not that much better with the massive queues for the London Dungeons..... At least their pavement staff is less offensive (as far as I have seen, but admittedly havn't been there recently)
Wednesday 8 September 2010 1.20pm
Further to my previous post and the complaints which have been made, this week I met with the manager and the two owners of the London Bridge Experience.

We discussed the concerns of residents at length and I asked for a full explanation of the incidents which have been mentioned. The manager and owners explained that they really do want to work with the local community and said that anyone who wants to meet with them would be very welcome to do so. They emphasised that they contribute to the local economy and employ several local people.

They assured me that all their staff are fully trained and that they all sign an appropriate conduct policy before working with the company. They also told me that there is always a supervisor with the team at the front so if anyone does experience difficulties as they walk past they can always request to see the supervisor.

It does not appear that they are breaching any parts of their planning permission at the moment. However, I do hope that our meeting has been a helpful way of moving forward and ensuring that the situation improves. I will, of course, be monitoring the issue and if anyone has any further complaints, I would be very grateful if they could let me know.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions