London SE1 community website

London Bridge Experience harassment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Wednesday 8 September 2010 4.23pm
ok so who gave this heap of dung planning permission??? i await a reply
Wednesday 8 September 2010 9.20pm
Councillor Anood Al-Samerai wrote:
The manager and owners explained that they really do want to work with the local community

Hi Anood

I think the issue is that the "local community" have no interest in this awful place, it's nasty and bullying pavement tactics - and really wish that they would simply go away.
Thursday 9 September 2010 3.44pm
Borough Paul its the same Council that allowed people like you to move into this Borough (by letting developers convert old buildings and sites into new ones that the locals can not afford). You decided to live in inner London get on with it. If Borough Market was how it was years ago you would get a petition up about the noise early in the morning.
Real SE1
Thursday 9 September 2010 3.49pm
Councillor Anood Al-Samerai wrote:
Further to my previous post and the complaints which have been made, this week I met with the manager and the two owners of the London Bridge Experience.
We discussed the concerns of residents at length and I asked for a full explanation of the incidents which have been mentioned. The manager and owners explained that they really do want to work with the local community and said that anyone who wants to meet with them would be very welcome to do so. They emphasised that they contribute to the local economy and employ several local people.

They assured me that all their staff are fully trained and that they all sign an appropriate conduct policy before working with the company. They also told me that there is always a supervisor with the team at the front so if anyone does experience difficulties as they walk past they can always request to see the supervisor.

It does not appear that they are breaching any parts of their planning permission at the moment. However, I do hope that our meeting has been a helpful way of moving forward and ensuring that the situation improves. I will, of course, be monitoring the issue and if anyone has any further complaints, I would be very grateful if they could let me know.

Anood, thank you for meeting with LBE. Although positive and creditable on its own, it does not seem that you have achieved anything more tangible than reinforcing our objections. If not already proposed, perhaps their attention could be directed to this forum for a survey of local opinion.

I still have an issue with James' defiance that they operate only on private land, and your insistence that they adhere to their planning permission. Would it be possible to suggest that LBE segregate their private land from the communal pavement and to keep their marketing activities within this area only? This way all of the SE1 objectors can be left to traverse Tooley Street in relative peace.

It is easy to compare London Dungeon and London Bridge Experience on either side of Tooley Street. Although similar in make-up and attire, I have never been interfered with by any LD staff. Perhaps a similar cordon to the one in use by LD on the London Bridge station side of Tooley Street could be installed on the Northern side to demarcate the pavement. Clearly, anyone interested in viewing their friend 'experience' a pretend guillotining can do so, albeit away from pedestrians. I for one would appreciate it if it was possible to propose this compromise to James and the owners.

Thanks again for your meeting, Anood.
Thursday 9 September 2010 4.04pm
The London Bridge Experience is annoying and intrusive to passers by along Tooley St. London Bridge is going through a transformation with more and more people working and visiting who don t seem to want to be hassled by this kind of attraction in the current way.
The attraction surely needs to dealt with and monitored for abusive behaviour towards the general public.
Please address the behaviour of The London Bridge Experience.
Thursday 9 September 2010 4.30pm
Why dont you go and see the owners? The registered office is on here and they say they are happy to meet you.
Real SE1
Thursday 9 September 2010 8.21pm
real-se1 wrote:
Why dont you go and see the owners? The registered office is on here and they say they are happy to meet you.
Real SE1

good point. Councillor Al-Samerai has been told there is always a Supervisor on duty "with the team at the front", so next time you get hassled, demand to see this supervisor, in front of the punters and see how well developed the supervisor's customer service skills are, dealing with a serious complaint about one of their rude, agressive team.
Thursday 9 September 2010 8.52pm
Alang that was not my point. I said see the owners.
Real SE1
Thursday 9 September 2010 10.40pm
Just to bring your attention to a news story that was previously run on this topic:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4163

Unfortunately there weren't enough names on the petition that time ...
Friday 10 September 2010 7.47am
real-se1 wrote:
Borough Paul its the same Council that allowed people like you to move into this Borough (by letting developers convert old buildings and sites into new ones that the locals can not afford). You decided to live in inner London get on with it. If Borough Market was how it was years ago you would get a petition up about the noise early in the morning.
Real SE1

Ah, so "real" Borough and Bermondsey was populated by chirpy sparrers who liked to do nothing better than go to a carp tourist dive, was it? Cobblers, innit.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions