London SE1 community website

London Bridge Experience harassment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Friday 10 September 2010 12.26pm
real-se1 wrote:
Alang that was not my point. I said see the owners.
Real SE1

The supervisor/manager is the owner's representative on site. If the owner happens to be there, all the better to complain to. I don't think it's practical or expected that a complaint can only be made in person at the registered office in Kent.

and on that matter, why is the office in Kent?? why not good old SE1... that's appalling - more out-of-towners taking over our manor.
Friday 10 September 2010 12.50pm
Registered offices are often just the organisation's accountants/auditors' premises.

My company's office and HQ is in Bloomsbury but our registered office is in Edgware - our accountants' address.

No idea why.
Friday 10 September 2010 6.19pm
There you go Alang you have your answer and agree cant stand the out of towners moving in and taking over our manor.
Mind you they probably could not afford premises near BUWWER MARKET now all the lovies are here.
Real SE1
Friday 10 September 2010 11.10pm
Anood, did they say what local community groups they've consulted or how else they've gone about seeking feedback from individuals in the community? I'm not aware of any channels of communication having been opened up.

For the record, I find the street presence ranges from irritating to disturbing and I actively cross the road to avoid the guys in costume. (On days when I'm stressed, or occasions when I'm not feeling well, I choose not to go through the tunnel at all and resent the fact that I can't walk down a public pavement for fear of being hassled.)

Part of the trouble is that the experience on offer isn't everyone's idea of entertainment. I'd never choose to visit the place myself yet I'm being forced to experience a taste of it if I'm using the public pavement. And because the employees move about and mingle with pedestrians it's hard to avoid them and easy to be startled by them suddenly appearing and blocking your way.

Finally, on two separate occasions when walking up to London Bridge I've been alarmed by yelling guys in costume chasing teenagers along the pavement and out onto the road. The kids were enjoying themselves but it startled people walking on the pavement and was dangerous to motorists and people crossing the road. This sort of behaviour, plus the kind of behaviour reported by others on this thread, suggests that, despite what the owners say, the employees aren't well-disciplined or properly supervised.
Saturday 11 September 2010 1.23pm
Wow, this all sounds really horrible! I rarely walk down Tooley Street so it hasn't affected me personally. Reading all this though, it sounds like very anti-social behaviour, and that made me wonder whether a ASBO might be applicable? Just a thought. I was picturing the official response if passersby (including pregnant women and small children) were being harassed in this by a fellow member of the public, rather than by a paid commercial employee.

Also, with the level of aggression described, I wonder if the police have been contacted to see whether any criminal offence may have been committed? And in assessing who was menacing who, are there CCTV cameras that cover the area? Do LBE have CCTV cameras of their own, and footage which they can produce back up their version of events? Blimey, what a nightmare.

Wishing you luck in achieving a more civilised pavement experience!
Saturday 11 September 2010 1.53pm
JK
The majority of complaints on here are from people who have a problem with TLBE in general. Do you think that they liked what was in the premises before TLBE?
Good luck to the chaps who run it.
They have to rely on the people who come to visit the area (Station) to survive and this lot make them sound terrible.
They would have loved The Old Kent Road in the 70s!
Real SE1
Saturday 11 September 2010 2.09pm
Something that the management, share holders and local councillors need to consider about "The Experience" is that perspective customers, both local and overseas use Google to review/preview attractions before they spend.

A simple search for "London Bridge Experience" SE1 (click link) will produce a result where this thread is number 2 in the list.

I really hope future customers read this thread and take their money elsewhere.

I really hope that councillors wake up to the damage this place is doing to your inability to act upon local residents concerns.
Saturday 11 September 2010 3.03pm
BSB
You really would like to see TLBE fail. Why is that they employ local people and have put there money into a business that pays rates and other charges.
Stop sitting at home feeling let down. Go down and see the owners if you have a genuine problem.
Then after you have seen them and tell them your concerns come back on here and report to all there responces.
You are in a lucky position if TLBE is annoying you that much that you hope they fail.
But they wont and you wont go and face/front them up.
Get a life.
Real SE1
Saturday 11 September 2010 3.13pm
Real mate - this is my one and only response to you ever on this forum ---> "stop trolling you Muppet"
Saturday 11 September 2010 3.58pm
You may not answer but you know what you are. You were fronted and bottled it! MUG
REAL SE1
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions