London SE1 community website

SE1 mother and baby groups?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 3 September 2010 12.45am
You mums have all the fun! Scoffing muffins, chilling at the Refinary. babies on the rug. I'm jealous.

If I ever babysit a pre-crawler I will be a pretend Mum.

Kevin
Sunday 5 September 2010 12.06pm
I agree. Mine are now 12 and 14. I loved the time when a baby provided a good excuse for hanging out.

Apart from a small wobble when my daughter announced she wanted to live in the Country and have a pony, both my children are pleased to be London children.

Enjoy!
Wednesday 15 September 2010 9.47am
MINT STREET parents, babies and toddlers PLAYGROUP

Are you an expectant or new parent living in Borough and Bankside and looking to find out about the childcare options that will best fit the needs of you and your child when you return to work?

CHILDCARE INFORMATION EVENT
AT MINT STREET ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND

2nd October 2010
9.30am-11.30am

Meet representatives of Southwark childminding association, the Southwark At-Home Childminding Service and a local nanny. You will also receive a 40+ page information pack. We will also be holding a meet-a-childminder session from 11am-11.30am. This is a chance to meet local childminders with immediate availabilities in a neutral setting!!

Admission Fee: 7 fee, includes a hot drink and a piece of cake and a 40+ page childcare information pack.

There is a maximum of 12 places available.

To book your place please e-mail [email protected]

All proceeds will go to the Mint Street Adventure Playground

Mint Street Adventure Playground, Southwark Bridge Rd (Opposite the Fire Station)
Monday 20 September 2010 9.02pm
Hi MtnBikeChick

We have regular parent and baby screenings at Shortwave Cinema in Bermondsey Square.

You just missed the September screening, but there'll be one on 22 October.

Keep an eye on our website (shortwavefilms.co.uk) and sign up to the facebook page for regular updates.

Best of luck with it.

Orla D
Thursday 18 August 2011 1.48pm
I have a 5 week old baby and the health visitor told me that new mums met for tea and cake at Browns by the river on Mondays between 2pm and 3pm. I popped in there recently and they said that no-one had been in for a little while. Are other new Mums in the area keen to start this up again? If so, I propose we meet on Monday 28th August 2011 and get this up and running again as it would be nice to meet some other Mums who are near by.
Thursday 18 August 2011 4.46pm
Hi

I would suggest joining the Boroughbabies yahoo group http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/boroughbabies/ if you haven't already - it is a group of more than 300 local mums. Some of the mums meet every week at The Refinery in the mornings on a Wednesday.

Rebekah
Wednesday 9 November 2011 7.16pm
Hello,

I do a Mummy Pilates Class in the Bermondsey Village Hall every wednesday from 2:30-3:30. Babies are welcome :0)
Have a look at my website and maybe see you in a few weeks x

www.klmpilates.co.uk
Wednesday 9 November 2011 9.53pm
Classics with my baby concert is being held in St Mary Magdalen church, Bermondsey Street this Friday morning at 10.30am. Doors open 10am for coffee, cake & chatting.
Friday 6 January 2012 7.47pm
Hello!
How could I have missed this thread. I'm a local mum, and founded the Classics with my Baby concert series.
Lots of mums and babes come to our monthly concert of classical music, and it's a nice chance to chat and mingle with other parent with babies of all ages.

Our local coffee/bookshop Woolfson and Tay provides the refreshments from 10am, concert starts 10:30, with requests taken around the piano at the end of the concert of your child's favourite nursery rhymes.

Our Borough concerts for jan-Jun 2012 are listed on our website.

I've collaborated with Woolfson and Tay, as well as Shortwave cinema to produce a schedule of events for children to do on Fridays of each week. You can pick up a copy of the schedule from either Woolfson and Tay, or Shortwave Cinema in Bermondsey Square. Alternatively, just PM me, and I will forward you a schedule.

Miaomiao
Saturday 18 February 2012 3.55pm
MINT STREET parents, babies and toddlers PLAYGROUP

Are you an expectant or new parent living in Borough and Bankside and looking to find out about the childcare options that will best fit the needs of you and your child when you return to work?

CHILDCARE INFORMATION EVENT
AT MINT STREET ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND

Saturday 24th March 2012
9.30am-11.30am

Meet representatives of Southwark childminding association, the Southwark At-Home Childminding Service and a local nanny. You will also receive a 40+ page information pack. We will also be holding a meet-a-childminder session from 11am-11.30am. This is a chance to meet local childminders with immediate availabilities in a neutral setting!!

Admission Fee: 10 per couple fee, includes a hot drink and a piece of cake and a 40+ page childcare information pack.

There is a maximum of 12 places available.

To book your place please e-mail [email protected]

All proceeds will go to the Friends of the Mini Mints

Mint Street Adventure Playground, Southwark Bridge Rd (Opposite the Fire Station)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions