London SE1 community website

Moving to SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 15 September 2010 2.07pm
Exactly James, thank-you
Wednesday 15 September 2010 2.33pm
Don't forget the Tas on Borough High Street! It has a take-away/cafe next door to the restaurant too.

There's a really nice little Itallian deli on Long Lane
http://www.finefoodse1.co.uk/
I got the best capers I've ever tasted from there, though they were eight quid plus for a small jar.

Bermondsey square farmers market for veg.
Wednesday 15 September 2010 3.25pm
The Circle Store and the Shop at the end of Dockhead are fine for every day items including fruit and veg.
Lovely little Chemist too. The Pont Shop veg and fruit are expensive, but the deli is nice for the odd treat. Staff are usually helpfull too.
Deptford High Street, especially on Market Days is an amazing Place. The 47 or 188 bus will take you there from the Stop by the R.C. Church at Dockhead. The market is on weds. and Saturdays, with stalls spilling out from the shops and everything that makes up a traditional market including stalls full of junk to browse through.
Welcome to s.e.1 by the way.
Wednesday 15 September 2010 6.55pm
There are normally at least two fruit and veg stalls at the Bermondsey Square market on a Saturday morning. Along with various butchers, bakers etc.

As for restaurants: Chophouse, Village East, The Garrison, Bermondsey Kitchen, Zucca, Delfina, Constancia, Magdalen, Applebees Fish plus many others all within 15 minutes walk. Prepare for some serious credit card bashing.
HAQ
Wednesday 15 September 2010 7.06pm
Welcome to SE1. I have to say HIBA on Borough High Street is a very good lebanese restaurant. Friendly staff and delicious food. It has become our local take away!
I also recommend Feng Sushi in the market or at RFH. Champor Champor is another good one. Joe's Kitchen on Marshalsea Road is perfect for breakfast and brunch.
Thursday 16 September 2010 2.51pm
SE1 is a great area! Be sure to take advantage of the great museums and theatres around, such as the National Theatre.
Thursday 16 September 2010 3.06pm
Thank you all for your wonderful and helpful responses. We hope to be moving in this weekendor next and cannot wait to start exploring... and eating!
Friday 17 September 2010 1.16pm
Welcome to SE1! Don't forget to pop along to Bermondsey Street tomorrow afternoon for the festival - there will be quite a buzz!
Friday 5 November 2010 1.04pm
I have recently moved here as well and can recommend Aberdeen sea products on Toulmin st for fresh fish, , and apparently they have a company nearby calle dthe sushichef which does sushi, i will report when I have tried it, around the corner is a good small butcher and fruit and veg is a bit ropey!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions