London SE1 community website

Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 26 September 2010 9.09pm
i have been offered a job running a bookmakers in walworth road and was wondering what the area is like
Sunday 26 September 2010 9.46pm
It's full of bookies...and also a great area.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 6.33pm
Walworth Rd is on lots of bus routes, (depending on which end of the road) is not far from E&C tube (northern or bakerloo line) and there's also an overland train station near the Elephant & Castle roundabout.
Good selection of independent shops + a few chains (Boots, M&S, Morrisons, Holland & Barrett, Mark One, Peacocks). Lively market at East St several days a week. Good selection of fast food & eat-in restaurants and plenty of pubs.
For info on local housing etc I'd prob look at some of the many websites that give approx rent & purchase prices.
I've lived nearby for about 11 years and am happy with the location - close to everything. And an excellent Chinese restaurant: Dragon Castle.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 7.46pm
Walworth Rd is on lots of bus routes, (depending on which end of the road) is not far from E&C tube (northern or bakerloo line) and there's also an overland train station near the Elephant & Castle roundabout.
Good selection of independent shops + a few chains (Boots, M&S, Morrisons, Holland & Barrett, Mark One, Peacocks). Lively market at East St several days a week. Good selection of fast food & eat-in restaurants and plenty of pubs.
For info on local housing etc I'd prob look at some of the many websites that give approx rent & purchase prices.
I've lived nearby for about 11 years and am happy with the location - close to everything. And an excellent Chinese restaurant: Dragon Castle.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 7.59pm
thankyou very much for the feedback

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions