London SE1 community website

Freeview reception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Tuesday 5 October 2010 10.30am
Mine's been bad over the past week or so. Mainly BBC 1 and 2, ITV has been a little variable but the other channels seem OK.
Thursday 7 October 2010 3.17pm
i live very near tower bridge road too and for the last week and a half been having problems with my tv, i can watch bbc 1 and 2 through my freeview box but no other channels are working properly they're very broken up and jumpy and are unbearable to watch. the problem is the same on my bedroom tv and is made no better when we've tried plugging the ariel directly into the tv and ive tried re tuning the freeview box and tv. has anyone got any suggestions? or is anyone else in the area experiencing problems still??
Saturday 9 October 2010 8.09pm
After over a year of poor reception on certain channels (even with a signal amplifier), I realized only last week that it suffers interference from our shredder! Implicitly it will also be affected by other appliances, and so if you live in an apartment you are at the mercy of your neighbours.

It is also caused when the transmitter is broadcasting a weak signal.
Monday 11 October 2010 12.48pm
Reception problems may well be due to the Shard superstructure. This is bound to cause signal reflections etc if it's in your line of sight from Crystal Palace or Norwood.
Monday 21 February 2011 10.11am
Based at Waterloo, normally have intermittent problems with ITV and C4 but last night completely lost nearly everything - BBC 1, 2, 3 ITV, C4, 5 - only BBC4 and some higher numbers rubbish left. Anyone else suffering?
Monday 21 February 2011 10.38am
Have you upgraded your areial from the standard analogue one? Are you viewing via a freeview box?
Monday 21 February 2011 12.33pm
Freeview box integrated into tv (I tried my old standalone one last night with even worse results), aerial is as is supplied on roof of my local authority housing block, I don't know what state it's in but the channels we can get come through fine.
Monday 21 February 2011 1.07pm
Hi ledge

Most cases of bad reception (especially with communal aerials) can be solved with a suitable amplifier. See page 1 of this thread.
Monday 28 February 2011 9.33am
I think Councils are under an obligation to replace all communal analogue aerials with the digital equivalent before next year - when the analogue signals are going to be turned off. On my estate we had a new communal system installed a few years ago in readiness and that certainly has several amplifiers to make sure the signal is strong enough in all residences.
Friday 8 April 2011 8.25pm
Anyone ever watch Russia Today (85) or Al Jazeera (89). You get a very different perspective on news stories compared to BBC,Sky,ITV,CNN. I like Russia Today as you get news items not covered by other channels and also to compare how mainstream news is reported by 'the other side'.
Pity ClassicFM isn't available on digital. It's not on my radio channel list anyway.

Just did a 'First Time Installation' to check and I have all the Channels listed on:
http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewchannels.html
which has what seems to be a full list of available freeview channels, apart from 3 channels which appear on my TV which are PAYG so they don't really matter (92,99,199)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions