London SE1 community website

Southwark Council Protester

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 23 October 2010 7.41pm
Good luck to him.
Monday 25 October 2010 7.51pm
I'm all for peaceful protests, but those megaphones should be confiscated. A few years ago you couldn't walk 100 yards along oxford street without bumping into someone with a megaphone shouting about the merits of accepting jesus as your saviour. Simply not necessary.
Tuesday 26 October 2010 8.15am
He was out there this morning at 8.30 when I went past. Could not hear what he was saying though as the megaphone echoed to much.
Friday 29 October 2010 7.47am
things picked up yesterday ...
he will be there when they go to work and when they go home from the offices - he is ...
he has a watertight legal case and Council will never win?
Friday 29 October 2010 12.40pm
kellandj wrote:
I am told from a source inside 160, that this is a protest over his children taken into care perhaps up to 20 years ago ...

I asked him yesterday. He said Southwark council are guilty of child abuse of his children. Rambled a bit then said 'not sexual abuse, left them with mental problems'. I didn't try to get any more sense from him though as he looked quite scared.

His megaphone was very loud and I'm sure it would be disturbing people in Devon Mansions.
Sunday 31 October 2010 11.51am
when he used to be outside the aribtration unit about 3 years back, the story was about his mother who trippped over the carpet in her home, and he wanted the council to pay the legal costs, maybe he got bored of the saying the same story everyday and changed. he has such a dull whine, he really should 'zush' it up a bit, maybe some dancers? perhaps for christmas he should dress up as santa? could surrey docks farm loan him some reindeer?
Friday 5 November 2010 10.10am
old bill there again today, it only encourages him and he's still going (1010h) ...
Friday 12 November 2010 7.38am
gone?
or has he just taken this week off ...
Monday 15 November 2010 9.01am
he's back!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions