London SE1 community website

New Banksy - The Grange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 26 October 2010 5.25pm
Over the years there have been plenty in SE1. Several reported on this site. (The search function, just above the place where you post replies, should help you out.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 26 October 2010 9.24pm
Not in Se1 but just a 15 min walk over Tower Bridge and his other new one (the Clash esq Office Chair) is behind St Katherine's Dock area on The Highway Wapping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoggypops/5094382372/in/set-72157625067283651/
Sunday 6 February 2011 8.08pm
It's on a fridge magnet on ebay
here
Zoe
Sunday 6 February 2011 8.29pm
I'm not sure it's a collectable but it is good, well spotted Beetroot, I might have to buy one.

I think James some make some fridge magnets to raise money for the excellent work he does, with famous pictures of SE1 from the forum; the student hall of residence, that crossing they want to get rid of on Tooley Street, the countdown at the crossing on Blackfriars Road and, hmmmmmm, oh yes, a cyclist on the southbank.
Wednesday 11 May 2011 9.42am
It's pretty cool.
Banksy keeps on feeding his myth...
Wednesday 11 February 2015 5.25pm
I like Banksy's work and enjoy finding ones still visible in various parts of London. But the very nature of it means it is susceptible to being removed, covered over, destroyed, etc. I believe Banksy puts the works where he puts them in the knowledge they will probably be transient. So regarding the Grange mural, if the building is demolished, the mural is lost; so be it.
Wednesday 11 February 2015 8.10pm
I like it.
I would like it to stay.
You don't get so many Banksy's round here anymore.
Wednesday 11 February 2015 9.00pm
@ Davies: There are quite a few Banksy'esque murals that popped up a week ago all along Bermondsey Street.
"Rude Children" with kids showing the finger, facing out, or facing eachother.

How does one know whether they're Banksy or not?
Zoe
Wednesday 11 February 2015 9.49pm
I recall seeing this go up opposite the vet shortly after hearing my dog was unwell (we saw it immediately the next day after it had gone up, while taking the dogs to the surgery). I found it oddly touching that the picture of a man with a dog was opposite the vet and and I was one of the people asking for the plastic to protect it, because it felt right that it was there.

I have visited the vet often since and would look at the painting. I find it surprisingly sad that it will be moved and I would really like to find a way to keep it there.
Saturday 14 February 2015 10.17am
I personally would love it to stay as one pillar of strength as we watch the community in which we live become descreated by the greedy council memebers being wined and dined by developers.

The owner of this - Joe Ozlala, is really community spirited and generous to how he has protected it since he appeared and now asking for a consultation amongst local people. This is something wonderful he has given to us.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions