London SE1 community website

Reputable charity collections?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 17 October 2010 5.34pm
hi

we are moving and have a great deal of good quality books/magazines to donate to charity.

does anyone know of a charity that will collect..??

would really like them to go to a decent charity.

help!
Sunday 17 October 2010 11.34pm
Off the top of my head, Oxfam has a bookshop up in Bloomsbury.
Monday 18 October 2010 8.54am
How about contacting a local church? With Christmas coming they often have bazaars, fetes etc. St.Judes I think used to collect.
Monday 18 October 2010 9.21am
Doctor's surgeries, and Dentists waiting rooms appreciate recent, decent magazines (although why their patients can't take books along beats me) - I was in the dentist the other week, reading about foreign affairs, I don't think Hitler will move into Czechoslovakia.
Jac
Monday 18 October 2010 9.42am
I seem to have got talked into running the book stall at St.George's cathedral Christmas Fair (This year on 27th November) for a while now and would be able to pick up the books from you if you wanted to PM me. After the Fare some one tracks down a charity to take all the unsold books and other items so they dont end up at the tip.
Tuesday 19 October 2010 12.09pm
thats interesting.. it would have to be a pick up this saturday.

ok?

whats your contact info

cheers
Jac
Wednesday 20 October 2010 9.13am
Sorry cant do saturday,but could do one evening So I have sent a PM to you in case that is any help

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions