London SE1 community website

Book Sunday Lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Sunday 6 March 2011 4.56pm
well... we've just returned from the Trinity by Borough tube station. They are really welcoming, child friendly, have plenty of space for large groups and the food was brilliant. The service from the team was excellent. Absolutely recommended.
Monday 7 March 2011 8.44am
daisysteiner22 wrote:
have posted in the reviews as well, but just got back from the laughing gravy, and am suitably thrilled with the experience - the best we've had in 4 years in the area (including Roast @ Borough Market). entirely recommended (the roast was lovely and the dessert incredible!)

We too sampled the Laughing Gravy’s first sortie into Sunday roasts yesterday. And my, were we glad we did! The feel was more relaxed than normal: papers strewn on the bar, and the tables a little less ‘laid’.

There were only four choices on offer – perfect! We all had the beef which was truly amazing. It came piled high with roast veg and the most enormous Yorkie I’d ever seen. The meat was a cut called onglet which I’d only ever heard of as a steak but it was incredibly tasty, having been soaked in ale, and certainly plentiful. The gravy was probably the best part although it was a difficult choice.

The desserts were a simple selection of rhubarb crumble, treacle sponge or a sharing chocolate affair. Always a sucker for a proper steamed pud and custard on a Sunday, I went for the sponge. My old mum made pretty good traditional puds and this would certainly have matched one of hers. The custard was the real McCoy too, with bits of vanillapod evident – my only grumble: there wasn’t quite enough but then, I should have asked for more and I know it would have been brought happily.

All in all, a real triumph and a definite asset to the rather bleak Blackfriars Rd bit of SE1 on a Sunday – will definitely be back.

Oh, yes, disclosure: I am a regular and the owner has become a friend.
jw
Tuesday 8 March 2011 10.21am
A big thank you to the SE1-ers who came down to support our first Sunday
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions