London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa regeneration area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 19 April 2004 4.24pm
Does anyone on the SE1 forum live in the 'Bermondsey Spa' area?

I've just moved in to Alma Grove (mentioned as a 'hot tip' in the ES article) from Borough and would be keen to find out some more info' about this enclave.

Cheers.
Monday 19 April 2004 4.29pm
Bad luck, you're not in the Bermondsey Spa regeneration area. IIRC the article said that this was a nearby area that had some nice houses, and should therefore benefit from the Spa regeneration.
Tuesday 20 April 2004 11.50am
I assume that the term "affordable housing" is supposed to imply something more tha just "cheap". After all not everybody will qualify. Cheap suggests, at least to me, that anyone could buy it up and do what they like with it. Affordable housing is usually reserved for key workers or these schemes where you buy half your flat with a housing association etc.

stick yer frothy lager.......
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.09pm
Mr Bridger - "Affordable housing", as far as I know, does just mean cheap.

If you check out the website linked above, you will see there is a distinction made between "affordable housing" and housing reserved for key workers.
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.11pm
And Mapmaker, the google ads are the ads at the top of the thread. And I wasn't posting at 3 am - I was posting at midday, but I'm 9 hours ahead of you at the moment.
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.18pm
but that's just stupid surely? What would stop anyone with enuogh money just buying them up in one go and flogging the lot off at market value? It must mean something other than that or it becomes a meaningless policy. Maybe it is, I don't know.

stick yer frothy lager.......
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.25pm
Exactly. I really don't think it does mean anything else. That's why I hate the term.
rm
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.32pm
i was under the impression that you had to be earning under a certain amount and that there were terms and conditions tied in.
Tuesday 20 April 2004 1.43pm
No google ads in my world - cannot see them, should I? And you always are about 9 hours ahead of the rest of us... Make sure you keep that sun hat on, now.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 20 April 2004 2.06pm
TLMJJ... get out of the webshack and back onto the beach!!

PS Where's my postcard??
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions