London SE1 community website

Mugging by St Saviours footbridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Wednesday 24 November 2010 10.02am
How about getting a couple of bulbs, tale along a journalist and engage in some direct action, bet that'll get it sorted out quickly.
Wednesday 24 November 2010 10.46am
Are they straight forward to replace?
Wednesday 24 November 2010 11.16am
Not sure how easy it is to replace the light bulbs, but I'm guessing Mr Hatts might want to report it as a news item on this site?
AD
Wednesday 24 November 2010 3.53pm
I thought about trying to push Browns into action by getting people to boycott the place, but hardly anyone seems to go there apart from in the summer.

If I recall correctly the bulbs were not a standard size. A man with a shoulder bag used to regularly replace all of them along the jetty from All Bar One to the bridge. It was stricking how frequently they needed replacing.
Thursday 25 November 2010 2.34pm
Is the council not responsible for the lightening in the whole borough and therefore should make sure this is fixed?
Thursday 25 November 2010 4.21pm
Police patrols at night or is that too radical a thought?
Thursday 25 November 2010 4.27pm
They have already police patrols there during the day I do not know if they also walk around in the early evening.
Thursday 25 November 2010 4.55pm
Never seen police there after dark, nor in TB Piazza where a woman was assaulted at 7pm recently.
Thursday 25 November 2010 10.40pm
I have been in this area (Shad Thames) 14 years now - I have never seen a single policeman on patrol after dark. Loads of police cars with blues and twos down Tooley Street though.
Monday 29 November 2010 7.48am
The lighting in the area referred too is insufficient but I can't imagine if would have had much impact on the actions of these particular criminals. Besides which one incident does not a crime wave make, the tone of this thread would make you think that we lived in some sort of favela.

The specific area around Brown has 1 recorded robbery in Aug and ZERO in Sept... even taking in the whole Riverside area it was 7 in Aug and 5 in Sept, admittedly that's still too many but all in all the real actions seems to be around London Bridge Station which is pretty much what you would expect. Cathedrals ward had significantly more robbery... perhaps the Police have directed their efforts to dealing with the area that has the biggest problem?

Clearly everyone is right to be concerned and I'm sure it was a horrible experience for the lady involved. I also certainly don't seek to understate the impact that such an event can have someone's life.... But all the same it's important to keep things in perspective!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions