London SE1 community website

Mugging by St Saviours footbridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Thursday 2 December 2010 7.49am
Al.W wrote:
Jonnyp42 - who do you work for or represent?
Your posts are not exactly "neutral"

Let's get the light bulbs fixed.

My opinions are my own, it's really that simple... Why is it a problem for someone to put forward an alternative perspective?
Thursday 2 December 2010 11.02am
It's only a problem for some people, jonny. Shame that your post provoked such nasty, pedantic reactions, though.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 December 2010 12.09pm
Can you guys please stick to the problem which is in the title and how the problem can be solved. Those who can or will not contribute to the main issue can open a separate threat to have some arguments.

Thank you
Thursday 2 December 2010 7.29pm
Sidi wrote:
Can you guys please stick to the problem which is in the title and how the problem can be solved. Those who can or will not contribute to the main issue can open a separate threat to have some arguments.
Thank you

What else would you like to know? Or have you not read the Local Councillors reply...

1. the Lighting is not adopted, thus the council are responsible
2. the police have made arrests (despite not being on patrol in a manner that some-people find satisfactory)
3. it's actually not even that dark... thank to all the light that's flooding out of Browns
AD
Thursday 2 December 2010 8.20pm
I have noticed tonight that Browns have kept the lighting on under all there patio umbrellas. This wasn't happening when the mugging took place, and I'm not sure how permanent this is, or if it just happens on selected nights that they might expect custom. This is a great help to the problem today however.

In the long term the council clearly have stated they are not taking responsibility, and so the problem persists...
Thursday 2 December 2010 10.35pm
jonnyp42, comments like your last one are not necessary it looks like you did not understand it.
Must be my English.
Thursday 2 December 2010 10.36pm
AD wrote:
I have noticed tonight that Browns have kept the lighting on under all there patio umbrellas. This wasn't happening when the mugging took place, and I'm not sure how permanent this is, or if it just happens on selected nights that they might expect custom. This is a great help to the problem today however.
In the long term the council clearly have stated they are not taking responsibility, and so the problem persists...

In that case it would be better if one does wait until other people go over the bridge or one uses the main road.
Friday 3 December 2010 8.31am
Sidi wrote:
jonnyp42, comments like your last one are not necessary it looks like you did not understand it.
Must be my English.
You are of course welcome to your opinion. I'll be direct - I don't really see what authority you have to determine how or when I choose to express my views. The comments relate directly to the content of this thread, they are abusive or factually incorrect. What's the problem?
AD
Saturday 4 December 2010 6.46pm
Fix my street generated a response from Southwark;

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your enquiry to the Street Lighting Team and the site will be inspected within the next 5 working days and any problems found will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Your reference number for this request is 8005482283

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely

Ken
Environment Services
[email protected]
020 7525 2000"

jonnyp42, what I perceive as your pleasure in displeasing people followed by frequent posts to defend yourself and stir things up further are most helpful in continually bumping this thread up the list of discussions, which I hope will help to keep the issue alive until the problem is solved - for that I thank you.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions