London SE1 community website

Former Lighting Shop - Kennington Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 December 2010 10.23pm
Does anyone remember the lighting shop that used to be there on Kennington Road by Lambeth North station? Closed about two years ago or so. I remember speaking to the owner before he closed and he said he was taking his business to online only, anyone know his site/business name? He always had much more interesting choices than the normal high street stuff.

Thanks for any help.

G
Friday 3 December 2010 12.27pm
I do remember him, we bought several lights there and we were looking for him the other week, I couldn't find a trace of him anywhere. His shop was called the designer light or lighting shop I think, and his name was James MacFarland. If you have any better luck than me, please let me know.

Cate
Friday 3 December 2010 3.20pm
Nice fellow, he kindly found some work for me when I started Bigvan all those years ago - told me I'd never make any money, and that I would just have people moaning at me - how prophetic!
Monday 6 December 2010 9.10am
He briefly operated from an office in Lower Marsh but I understand his business is now closed. Unfortunely he was very ill and was out of commission for a long period.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 8.52am
Thanks everyone for the response, that's sad news richard.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions