London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 101
Tuesday 11 January 2011 11.35am
Jerry wrote:
I have called them re overdue parcels and letters and they refuse to say when the backlog will be cleared or why it built up and it appears to be still building up. This sorting office is a disgrace, we all know it, yet nothing is ever done.

What phone number did you call? I can't seem to find a working phone number.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 12.39pm
I was told that they had cleared the parcel backlog but the letters were the 35k of backed up post
Tuesday 11 January 2011 12.45pm
3 more Christmas Cards today! At this rate, I should have them all by Easter :p

The 'private' and direct telephone number is:

7740 7773

I was given it by Customer Services, last year, following a problem with non-delivery of a parcel. To my amazement, she said "Don't tell them where you go it"!!

It works - when anyone can be bothered to answer - because I got through immediately and my parcel was identified by a helpful - really - fellow. There'd been no card and it was about to be returned to sender....

Everyone: Call them!!
Jac
Tuesday 11 January 2011 12.47pm
i received a bundle of christmas cards today some posted locally. Have received all parcels that i know of only one arrived after Christmas.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 2.20pm
We are in Waterloo and most days have not been receiving any post at all. Yesterday we finally received our tickets for NYE that were posted on the 20th December from EC1!!
Tuesday 11 January 2011 3.18pm
Just been into visit Mandela Way enquiry office. Only because I live 3 minutes away. Of course they are blaming bad weather at christmas still and will not give a timetable for catching up. Useless. Please all write to Amazon or other major suppliers if you are waiting for orders and tell them of the Royal Mail sorting office shambles locally. They may be able to bring more pressure to deliver to the top Royal Mail management than complaining to the enquiry office gimps.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 5.45pm
have all but given up with the post in se1

had a registered letter sent on 31st Nov that i did not get until 23rd of december

a letter posted from welling ! that was sent on 10th dec and did not arrive till the 23rd

still no sign of a xmas card posted on 15th december , posted from the isle of wight

and just recived a letter today that was posted from EC1 on 30th dec
Tuesday 11 January 2011 5.50pm
Here in Waterloo they're catching up but very slowly. I got a Christmas card today. They dumped all the post in the communal letterbox instead of going door to door - still better than getting no post I suppose!
Wednesday 12 January 2011 9.56am
got another xmas card yesterday and my car insurnace that was posted 1st class on 29th December.
Wednesday 12 January 2011 11.56am
3 Christmas cards today
1 letter posted in SE1 mid December

At least we do not have to worry about things getting worse after the privatisation as it cannot get any worse, can it?

The future is clearly in
- using e-communication whenever possible
- buying magazines and other goods locally so nothing will be delivered too late anymore / gets "lost" in sorting offices
- call friends and family for Christmas instead of writing cards
and we won't have to be dependent on Royal Mail anymore.
Current: 10 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions