London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 101
jpm
Wednesday 12 January 2011 12.58pm
On my estate (just off Great Dover Street) I keep on getting letters for other people. In the last week one for somebody in my block, one (a car tax disc) for somebody in the block next door.

maybe this is part of the problem - the letters ARE being delivered, just to the wrong people!
Thursday 13 January 2011 10.25am
Well I have, fell foul of the parcels going missing. An Amazon and an individuel one. Posted Dec 23rd and Jan 6th? What can we do? Can we send the SE1 threads to the Post Office. What do you think? I have gone through thir complaints many times to no avail?
Thursday 13 January 2011 11.05am
The other way around....I have posted 2 parcels (returned Christmas presents) and despite having the tracking numbers they seem to be lost somewhere en route.

Posted on the 6th of January (1 for next day delivery by 1pm) they now show as "no deatils available" on the Royal Mail tracking service.

Its not my choice of service as I have posted (no pun intended) on here many times but that of the original supplier...but it now becomes a problem as I have to send proof of postage and await an investigation before I get a refund and replacement.

The Royal Mail bores me to tears and all I want is RM HQ to aknowledge that SE1 is some sort of balck hole and admit that they loose stuff...a tall order I know but telling the truth shouldn't be beyond any company's responsibility.
Thursday 13 January 2011 11.48am
got another amas card yesterday postmarked 19th December

Got red electricity bill 3 days before the original bill itself turned up

do we have any redress if suffer interest costs etc if do not receive say a credit card bill in time?
Thursday 13 January 2011 12.08pm
I'm at the top of Bermondsey Street - I'm missing post and parcels from December and also January. Really this is a terrible service - the postie even dumped a sack of letters for the entire street in the communal area the other day. Shocking.
Thursday 13 January 2011 12.18pm
I cant say that I have experienced mail loss ( as I cannot prove a negative i.e I may not have received a letter I didn't know was coming !)However it is clear that the service is not fit for purpose.
It may (I am not an expert) be possible under the freedom of information act to request details of levels of complaints in SE1 and how they compare nationally. If way out of line this might provoke some action (stress on might !)
Thursday 13 January 2011 12.19pm
Most days this week, and last, we've been receiving Xmas cards. Some were franked, with dates between 15th and 20th Dec. Others weren't franked.

We've also been getting other mail over the last couple of weeks, sent at various dates in Dec.

The best one was a parking ticket, issued in another part of the country, which claimed to have been sent in late November, and which was delivered to us in SE1 in the first week of Jan.

Oddly, at work (in W1), we've not really had any post problems, and things are coming through within a day or two of posting, as you'd expect.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 13 January 2011 3.13pm
about 12 years ago i used to live on the isle of dogs (E14) and used to have a problem with mail going missing or us getting somone elses mail .

the problem seemed to be that i lived in barnfield place and approx 100 metres away was a road called barnsdale road. The house number in the street that was the same as ours ,were continually getting our mail and vice versa. The final straw was when a registered letter addressed to me was delivered to the barnsdale road house with the same number as mine. I only recived the letter as the lady there popped round to drop it off

i complained to the post office and managed to speak to someone who understood how bad this was and was very unhappy about it. She phoned me back 10 mins later after speaking to the postmaster at the local sorting office and reading him the riot act. She then went on to post two letters to me at random (just basic handwritten addresses, not offical loooking at all ) , to make sure they were recived and how long they took. Might be worth asking there complaints dept to do this to your address in SE1 and see if that gets some action ?
Thursday 13 January 2011 3.25pm
well we go two deliveries on saturday, (long lane area) both parcels that we had been waiting for since well before christmas. i made a comment on twitter about it being near to a miracle, and got a reply from roayl mail stating that they had employed extra staff to clear the backlog....shame they didn't do this prior to christmas.

no post monday, then 11 pieces of mail, including 6 christmas cards, on tuesday (one of which had a date stamp of 11.45pm 24th december!?)

no mail since, and still waiting on a missing parcel. am now requesting anything or importance is sent to my work in central london, always seems to arrive quickly there....
Thursday 13 January 2011 4.43pm
what is the twitter account that replied to you? I am still parcel-less :(
Current: 11 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions