London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 101
Thursday 13 January 2011 9.14pm
long lane area: we got our christmas cards yesterday and today: joys of the season and all that....most were posted around 20 december.
Thursday 13 January 2011 11.21pm
I complained via the post office number (trying to run a business here), after a long wait I managed to speak to someone who gave me a reference number and said they were emailing the Head SE1 manager.

May I suggest that we do this in numbers? She (the person answering the call) does give you a unique reference number yet also stated that this postcode was one of the worst in the UK to be backlogged. I'd even go down to Mandela Way to get my post but it seems that this won't work - I have subscriptions and bills that I need to run a business that haven't come through from December and have even been fined for not replying. Terrible, better off getting a pigeon. How the hell you are meant to run a business that to some extent relies on the post is a joke around here.
Friday 14 January 2011 12.13am
By my estimation, it is taking four weeks for post to arrive. My December bank statement arrived at 6pm
Friday 14 January 2011 12.18am
One of my Magazine subs arrived yesterday only about 7 weeks late.
Friday 14 January 2011 9.21am
Is it possible to actually go over there and request your post? I think I will go down there this morning.
Friday 14 January 2011 10.23am
[email protected]
Found the MD's email is their any value sending him the threads. Their complaints system is in my experiance effective.
What does everyone think?
Friday 14 January 2011 10.25am
Sorry my last post flew out---I meant in my view the complaints system is NON effective ( I have made a good many)
Friday 14 January 2011 10.46am
Does anyone remember the Channel 4 Dispatches programme from a few years ago when they placed undercover reporters in the Mandela Way Sorting Office...ever since seeing that nothing surprises me about what goes on (or doesn't) there.
Friday 14 January 2011 12.24pm
Yesterday I received in the post an invitation for champagne and canapes at the De Beers shop on Old Bond Street, that was due to take place on 16 December. No doubt the event went ahead happily, but I wasn't there as my invite arrived a month late. What on earth is going on?!
Friday 14 January 2011 1.03pm
I went to the sorting office - you can't just turn up and ask for your post. I didn't think you would be able to, however I needed to go down there anyway for peace of mind.

Funnily enough, two small packets finally arrived today - one with some keys in and a very thing amazon package. Still no sign of the larger ones.

The man there said there is a Saturday AND Sunday service this weekend to try to help clear the backlog.
Current: 12 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions