London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 13 of 101
Friday 14 January 2011 1.56pm
AndyABC wrote:
Yesterday I received in the post an invitation for champagne and canapes at the De Beers shop on Old Bond Street, that was due to take place on 16 December. No doubt the event went ahead happily, but I wasn't there as my invite arrived a month late. What on earth is going on?!

The PO has been instructed by HM Govt to save us from ourselves. Just think how much richer, slimer, and more sober, you are now, thanks to the caring crew at Mandela Way.

I assume they're witholding some of our Xmas presents to teach us humility and help us get used to the new era of cutbacks. By next December, I really feel I'll be happy with an orange and maybe one new sock to put it in.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 January 2011 2.20pm
hey guys,
do you think mandela way is worse than other post office branches?
are you planning to take action collectively?
I'm doing an internship at a local paper and might be able to run a story on it.
I'd love to hear your views but the sooner the responses the better.
you can email me as well: [email protected]
cheers!
carmen
Friday 14 January 2011 2.23pm
I'm at my wit's end with this. Two weeks into the new year and the service is still a disgrace. Yesterday my fourteen-unit block of flats received no mail at all and today's not looking good either. My current subscription to Time Out is a total waste of money, as issues arrive at least a week late.
Friday 14 January 2011 2.46pm
I have tried to convince Time-Out a few years ago to take on an alternative delivery provider (as they happily did at Canary Wharf at that time) but they could not be bothered for "the few customers in SE1". I cancelled the subscription and found, with all those e-newsletters from everyone these days, one can live happily without Time-Out and not missing out on exiting events and developments in London.

If people who take our money (Royal Mail, TimeOut, ...) do not care if we are happy customers we should stop giving them our money; they might just learn or go bust.
Friday 14 January 2011 6.35pm
A very good friend of mine left shool in 1961 and joined the 'G.P.O.' as it was then known, as a messenger boy. ('Young Postman,' being the correct title.) At the age of eighteen he became a postman and then worked his way up through the ranks from Postman High-Grade, Assistant Inspector then Inspector, right up to running one of London's major distrubution centres. After forty-five years service he took early retirement because it was breaking his heart to see the way the now 'Royal Mail' had gone and was going.
He is not a subscriber to this site, but I'm sure it would break his heart all over again to read the postings on this thread.
Tee
Friday 14 January 2011 7.09pm
This is really angering me. I've been waiting weeks for parcels. I currently await 3, some of which i require for work purposes!!! My lovefilm is now also useless. Why? because of some unmotivated, slacking, can't be bothered idiots. I hope they all lose their jobs and soon!!! You're good for nothing!
Friday 14 January 2011 7.35pm
That's a bit harsh Tee.

I am sure the average postie is doing their best under difficult circumstances. And I am also sure this mess is caused by bad management and planning at the top. I would not want to see the "foot soldiers" lose their jobs.
Friday 14 January 2011 7.39pm
If it's any consolation, type "royal mail delays" into Google - we're far from alone. There's an article on MailOnline (not a website I read that often, but still), published today, and the comments section reveals that people up and down the country are experiencing the same thing. It's even become a story on some local BBC services such as the in North-West, Warwickshire, Fife...
Zoe
Friday 14 January 2011 8.56pm
I'm sure it'll get even worse when it's privatised and there's even less staff than now.
Friday 14 January 2011 11.38pm
Carmen maybe you could start an article with the coments form this thread---I believe there is anothr older one too on this website.
Current: 13 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions