London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 29 of 101
Wednesday 2 February 2011 11.11am
Excellent, Graham - I will be doing just that!
Wednesday 2 February 2011 11.30am
Here is a response I got today from RM

Thank you for your email. As it stands the management team at Southwark Delivery Office have not had a request for a meeting with Simon Hughes MP. I have asked the Delivery Sector Manager to keep me informed and I will update you when I have any further information.

Lynsey Stoner

Chairman & Chief Executive Office

Here is my further response

I would suggest your directors take the opp. to put things right once and for all

The councilers email is here is you want to inspire a solution Anood.Al-Samerai@southwark.gov.uk

If an appointment has not been made. You have the address here for your directors to use their intiative and solution find. Or even contact Ed Davey directly? Easy ways to put an end to the disgraces.
Wednesday 2 February 2011 11.27pm
today i got my first 'something for you' card for a recorded item.
in the last three years 80% of recorded items have just been pushed through the door without signature or 'lost'.
it is a bright, new, something for you card too with 'new extended opening hours'.
so excited am i that i requested a redelivery as the card was completed in full with the tracking no - can't wait 'til friday ...
Thursday 3 February 2011 11.54am
I have been speaking to the press officer at Royal Mail and she said that they had put in place a new management team at Mandela Way - which we already know - and that customers should have seen improvements!
She also said that Royal Mail will continue to liaise with its customers to ensure services are improving.

Has anyone of you experienced any laising with Royal Mail?
Have services improved?

Please let me know. please send a private message so I get it to may email. Thanks a lot!
Thursday 3 February 2011 12.41pm
107 flats (SE1 3**)still missing 107 letters from the 13th Jnauary.....the replacements sent on the 31st have arrived however!
Thursday 3 February 2011 1.27pm
I plan to organise a series of mailings.
from SE1 to SE1 (and SE16 to SE16)
from across UK to SE1 (and SE16)
from SE1 (and SE16) to across UK.
to measure effectiveness of our post.
Email me for details if you want to help.
Friday 4 February 2011 8.50am
we have had no post the past 4 days not even junk mail!!
Friday 4 February 2011 9.37am
Hey dee dee not to worry....we are all promised a new and better service following the management changes....

Good effort Royal Mail!!!
Friday 4 February 2011 12.46pm
My post is reasonably okay now, get something most days.

However, my PO Box post is a different story. I have it forwarded to my home address. I have had two cheques sent to my PO Box in the last fortnight, and have not received them. Sent myself a postcard to the PO Box a week ago, and nothing.

As far as I know, SE1 PO Boxes are administered at Mandela Way.
Friday 4 February 2011 1.04pm
Yes, I had one a few years ago. It was a farce.
Current: 29 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions