London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 101
Tuesday 7 December 2010 11.54am
Mine was junk too!
Hope the ten parcels I'm waiting for arrive...
Tuesday 7 December 2010 12.36pm
Indeed, we received very few items today, maybe 1/8th of what should be in the post.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 1.18pm
Evidently there's problems at the North Pole. Global warming?
Tuesday 7 December 2010 1.25pm
Got some post yesterday, but KNOW there's other that was sent over a week ago that still hasn't reached me.
JC2
Tuesday 7 December 2010 4.39pm
If someone's severely affected, it shouldn't take more than 10 mins to at least start a formal complaint process that can be escalated by writing to the Royal Mail and attaching this thread:

If you have a complaint about Royal Mail, please contact the company direct:
Royal Mail Customer Service Centre
FREEPOST
20 Turner Road
St Rollox Retail and Business Park
Glasgow
G21 1AA

08457 740 740 (textphone 0846000606)
Royal Mail Customer Services (external website)
contactus@royalmail.com

Royal Mailís complaints procedure can be found here (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/product1?catId=500185&mediaId=400144&keyname=odr_customerservice)
If your complaint cannot be resolved, the operator can issue a Ďdeadlockí notice that will allow you to ask the Independent Postal Redress scheme to investigate your case.

The scheme can only investigate complaints about Royal Mailís licensed products and services. If your complaint is about a non licensed product and you remain dissatisfied with Royal Mailís response, you should seek independent legal advice.

For further assistance, contact Consumer Direct. This is a government service for clear, practical and impartial consumer advice that can give you information about how to pursue a complaint if you are dissatisfied with the companyís response.

You can contact Consumer Direct by telephone 08454 04 05 06, or via its website: www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
Tuesday 7 December 2010 6.19pm
Well I guess JC2 has just arrived from Mars. Nothing happens, nada, nothing, ever.

I always have any on-line purchases delivered to work outside of SE1. It always arrives, untampered and more quickly than you could believe.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 7.19pm
Got most of mine on Saturday and more today. I think I now understand, why we get those You were out cards when we are in, as asked a postie... they have separate guys driving around making the signed for and too large for the letterbox items. If they don't get a reply, at least in blocks of flats, they don't leave a card then but give one for the regular postie to deliver with the letters on the day after.

Have gone online to ask for redelivery, even if I have no card from them and that has also worked before when I know they could be holding something for me.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400040&mediaId=37000673
Thursday 9 December 2010 12.43am
Have had a couple of letter this week but I was expecting at least two magazines last week, and they seem to have gone walkabout.
Thursday 9 December 2010 12.58pm
After alsmost 2 weeks of no post, I've received my regular magazine on time, and got a parcel that was sent out on 3 December, so they're catching up slowly.
Thursday 9 December 2010 1.19pm
Waited a week for a delivery I was tracking on Royal Mail's website. Yorkshire ... then a central office in London ... eventuall Mandela Way. Went round there a couple of times. The guys were very courteous and helpful but said they'd got over 2000 items in a queue. Eventually it turned up, ten days late but a day before the last guy I'd talked to had estimated it would (he was probably being sensible in terms of customer relations)... at least everyone I spoke to was cheerful and polite...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions