London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 101
Saturday 11 December 2010 11.27am
had a few letters in our block (six) between seven flats, first for two weeks
Monday 13 December 2010 6.14pm
There have been at least two weekdays in the past seven days when my block on Leroy Street has received no post at all. Last Tuesday, I was sent something from Lancashire - first class recorded delivery - and still haven't received it. I don't think the extreme weather can be an excuse, as this had receded (even in Lancashire) by last Tuesday. Nor can Christmas - surely they employ additional staff during the festive period. Basically, Royal Mail is pants and I dislike the company more with each passing day.
Monday 13 December 2010 7.28pm
Bel Ludovic wrote:
... - surely they employ additional staff during the festive period.

Yes they do Bel and that is why the mail gets 'lost'!
Monday 13 December 2010 11.35pm
Popped in to Mandela Way last Saturday and the queue was half way down the road!
Tuesday 14 December 2010 10.08am
A small package just took two weeks to get to me from Swindon where there's been next to no snow...!
Tuesday 14 December 2010 10.26am
I wonder if Royal Mail is being used as a scapegoat by Amazon to stop shoppers from cancelling an order and going elsewhere. I ordered a couple of items from Amazon on 6th December and on 9th December got an email from Amazon saying the items had been despatched via RoyalMail with a Track and Trace number.

Royalmail.com track and trace on the 9th had the message:
The sender has advised us that item #*********** will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2010-12-09.
6 days later on the 14th
Item #*********** arrived at Yorkshire Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-14 and we are currently processing it.

A. Amazon didn't pass the item to RM on the 9th.
B. They did and RM didn't scan it until the 14th
Friday 17 December 2010 12.51pm
My parcel is still showing now on RoyalMail as: 'Item ************ arrived at Yorkshire Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-14 and we are currently processing it'.

It was delivered to me at 8am this morning
Friday 17 December 2010 1.23pm
I've never found the RM tracking service to be very accurate. I had a parcel last year that was sent back to Shanghai after a continued battle between me, the postman, the dreaded 'We tried to deliver' and another sorting office that was showing as being at Mandela Way throughout the entire four weeks it was in this country. I then had to arrange a redelivery from Shanghai. That was a nightmare I'd wish not to revisit.

i have one delivery left and then I can relax for this year.
Friday 17 December 2010 2.24pm
aah Had redelivery card put through our door as envelope too big. They did not ring the bell or attempt a delivery---I have been in all day---ahhh--ahhhhhhhhhh-----more screaming coming from the direction of Southwark bridge Rd if you can hear 'owt
Friday 17 December 2010 4.42pm
Donna, you should get them to deliver to the new post office on Southwark Bridge Rd. A delivery driver with an ounce of sense sent one of my parcels there much to my surprise and I realised how useful that branch could be.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions