London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 101
Friday 17 December 2010 7.18pm
I live in City Walk and work in Clink Street... we are also frustrated at the postal service and even more so as I regularly see where a lot of people's mail ends up! We receive a postal bag each day for our building in Clink Street which should only have the post for our building contained within it; but on a daily basis there is post for addresses all over the area, randomly dumped into the sack... sometimes I post it into the right buildings but all too often the mail is for addresses nowhere near Borough Market/Clink Street so it's re-posted by us into the post office... if it ever gets to the recipients god only knows... but the sorting office is a complete joke!
Saturday 18 December 2010 11.14am
Thanks Tolstoy, do you mean the one on Costcutter?
It is a good idea, apart from the fact there is ususally only one person serving ( remember how many were behind the counter at the now -closed- Borough High St) I have to budget for a forty-five min queue for the simplist transaction.
On the other hand, at least I will get my parcels, so has to be worth a try. Thanks again.
Saturday 18 December 2010 11.28am
I went to Mandela Way this morning to collect 2 parcels. One card was put through my letter box on Tuesday and the other yesterday. Neither could be found by the staff at the sorting office. Both apparently are "still in the system, somewhere."
Saturday 18 December 2010 12.10pm
person asking whether parcel expected might be delivered next week at public counter se1/se16 this am early : 'you should see the piles out back, it's not moving. it will be weeks, maybe months before you see it' cheery postman @ mandela way.
Saturday 18 December 2010 12.12pm
That's the one, Donna.
AXL
Wednesday 5 January 2011 4.29pm
The post in SE1 is shocking without any adverse weather conditions. We usually do not get any post for days and days and then get it all in one go. In 2009 we had to put in claims for four parcels as they didn't arrive within the timescale RM give. Strangely enough, they all turned up eventually.

From the little, I know, I think RM is very poorly managed in SE1 and there has been talk of postmen who can't read or get confused where there is more than 2 numbers on the letter.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 4.46pm
You are lucky that all your mail turned up. I am still waiting for some Christmas mail, one bank account statement and one credit card (the replacement sent to a different address turned up a week ago).
And this is just the mail I know is missing.

Funnily enough, letters from HMRC and the TV license reminder seem to get through fine, without any delays or problems.

Our postman (Southwark St) is great, he makes every effort possible. I'm confident it is not him. The mail gets lost somewhere before reaching his hands.
Zoe
Wednesday 5 January 2011 6.24pm
I'm still getting xmas cards, but also got a TV licence letter, how amazing.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 8.59pm
I received two xmas cards today in the post, both posted from parts of Yorkshire well before xmas : )
Wednesday 5 January 2011 10.57pm
I posted a card to my friend on the 18th Dec - she lives 15 mins walk away. She got the card today.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions