London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 101
Thursday 6 January 2011 8.46am
i got a xmas card yesterday with a frank on it for 15th December!
Thursday 6 January 2011 10.41am
Thanks; so there is still hope mail will get at least delivered and not just dumped somewhere.
Thursday 6 January 2011 11.31am
We had no post at all yesterday - today we received 3 letters. This is a business address.

I know in the post we have a set of keys and three reasonbly-sized amazon orders, so I am quite keen to have these arrive asap!
Thursday 6 January 2011 11.44am
Here, at City Walk, I have only received 2 letters since Christmas.

The only real surprise to me, is why we are still so surprised at the appalling 'service' we receive from the Royal Mail, specifically the Mandella Way Sorting Office. There are threads going back years and years which clearly exemplify how bad it has been,for so long.

With only two exceptions, the staff I have come across at MWSO, during the last 6 years, should not be allowed near the public, either in person or on the telephone [when one can get through].

We have had two excellent Posties [or whatever they are called today]both of whom are on other rounds or working at MWSO. The remainder can be seen wandering the streets, with mp3s or mobiles clamped to their ears, walking at a snail's pace.

I think it is time we really stood up and shouted "We're as mad as Hell and we're not going to take it anymore" [with thanks to Peter Finch] - and stop allowing this totally unprofessional behaviour, from what was once a superb prganisation!
Thursday 6 January 2011 5.19pm
Good News. No need to worry about your post any longer. SE1 has officially been taken off the list of places to which Royal Mail deliver. Along with France and Eire.

Weekly magazine subscription arrived regular as clockwork from July until the beginning of December. Haven't seen one since.

Complain all you wish; we once got Simon Hughes on the job and they reassured him that they did everything they could. I get virtually everything delivered to my place of work in Westminster. That magazine will be going there too.
Friday 7 January 2011 8.58am
was told by a postman yesterday that Mandela has about 35k pieces of back mail it has not yet delievered and they are basically swamped.
Friday 7 January 2011 11.12am
Shocker....

I work with people who live all over the South East (including other parts of London) and no-one even comes close to the tales of woe that we have with the Mandela Way Sorting Office. Why does RM HQ not intervene or are they too scared of upsetting the status quo...whatever that means here....and have consigned us all to the scrapheap of postal service?

Let's try to put it succinctly...the service from our local sorting office is

1. Atrocious
2. Dire
3. Abysmal
4. Dreadful
5. Rubbish
6. A whole load of others which I haven't got time to write down

Maybe one day RM will read this (maybe they do already) and actually engage the "customers" and state what is wrong and what they intend to do about it.
Zoe
Friday 7 January 2011 6.28pm
I got two more xmas cards today...
Friday 7 January 2011 7.32pm
Hwre in Gerridge St, I got 2 books that I ordered from Amazon on 8 December today!

I've still been getting my weekly subscription though - The Mapmaker, it may be worth contacting the publisher's - I did this earlier in the year when mine seemed to have stopped altogether - they started sending it in a white envelope rather than a clear one, no problem since then.
Friday 7 January 2011 7.45pm
I am still getting christmas cards and don't even get me started on my Time out, who's Christmas edition was delivered today!
Current: 7 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions