London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 101
Friday 7 January 2011 8.55pm
Two christmas cards today. Neither franked at all. ?
Sunday 9 January 2011 9.28am
First class post from Putney franked 15th December, received Friday.
Sunday 9 January 2011 11.13pm
Similar, from Kensington!
Monday 10 January 2011 9.23am
Package posted in the Midlands on 4th Jan - recorded & first class - still no sign of it. Should we all bombard OffPost (or whatever it's called) by email (obviously!)
Monday 10 January 2011 10.48am
The Royal Mail is probably the last completely unionised industry in Britain. And it shows.

The only other industry that comes close is the railway/tube.
Monday 10 January 2011 11.04am
http://www.psc.gov.uk/

Yes, time to do this, I reckon.

And 'cc' Simon Hughes in as it seems to be a very local problem, also affecting local businesses and therefore the wellbeing of the borough on many levels. He should do something about this (again).
Monday 10 January 2011 12.37pm
One thing consistent about Royal Mail is its inconsitency. It seems to go from the sublime to the cor blimey. My niece who lives in Rugby posted a card to me and the missiz on Friday, second class. It arrived this morning.
Monday 10 January 2011 1.00pm
Don't get me started !
Monday 10 January 2011 1.07pm
Yes and posting out of SE1 - I always get a good service. Posted a DVD at 3pm from Jamaica Road and it arrived in Birmingham 10am the next day.
Monday 10 January 2011 1.22pm
Today's postmen said the backlog was mostly parcels.

What I do not understand is why they still have not been delivered, and when they WILL be delivered. It's not like we are receiving a large bundle of mail every day - it's a small bit here and there. But if they are in possession of the rest, why are we not received fat bundles of mail instead of dribs and drabs? This is what I don't get.

Today I received something that was sent 5th Jan, albeit recorded delivery. I am, however, still waiting on items that were sent on 3rd Jan, and something else from 5th Jan.
Current: 8 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions