London SE1 community website

Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 101
Monday 10 January 2011 1.37pm
I have called them re overdue parcels and letters and they refuse to say when the backlog will be cleared or why it built up and it appears to be still building up. This sorting office is a disgrace, we all know it, yet nothing is ever done.
Monday 10 January 2011 3.23pm
Yes, more Christmas cards today - including 2 first class - all posted mid-December.
Monday 10 January 2011 3.47pm
Zoe
Monday 10 January 2011 6.58pm
I already complained to roayl mail and it's the worst website in the world to work out how to complain, they really don't welcome complaints.

I'm receiving magazines from early December, I'm just going to cancel as it's not worth paying for them.
Monday 10 January 2011 7.58pm
I've had to cancel numerous papers, because I'd get them so late.
Monday 10 January 2011 8.01pm
Come on Simon - or his office spokesperson - what are you doing about this?
Monday 10 January 2011 8.49pm
My daughter had a years subscription to 'Heat' magazine as a Xmas pres from a friend. It's a weekly magazine, (she tells me,) and the first one should have arrived the Tuesday before Xmas. she's still waiting for it. Hard to reconcile that with my earlier post. Inconsistency indeed.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 10.40am
Three letters today! That's it!

Is it possible to go and request one's post at the sorting office?
Tuesday 11 January 2011 10.59am
There used to be a facility called 'Poste Restante,' where you could arrange to have your mail held at the most convenient sorting office for your collection. It was designed for people travelling away from home and having no access to imprtant items delivered to their home address. Whether this facility remains I don't know. Worth looking into perhaps.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 11.25am
Hooray! My daughter's magazine has just arrived......And only three weeks late.
Current: 9 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions