London SE1 community website

Sobo - a change of ownership?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Monday 31 January 2011 9.18pm
Oh my goodness, What more do you want Taylan to come up with....... Good luck Taylan, Any place that keeps Kit Kat in a fridge is my sort of Cafe!.
Monday 31 January 2011 9.14pm
thank you very much to all of you for ur possitive comments.now i feel more enerjic and more possitive.i promise to all of you i will try my best and if there is that you you are not happy with please do tell me.Just to let everyone know we are open on sundays from now on.sobn was open last sunday and will continue to be from now on 9am til 3.30pm.Coffee that we are using now is the coffed that martin used to use we have not changed it since i was taken over.thank you for all your positive and helpful coments.i would love to meet you at sobo
Monday 31 January 2011 9.56pm
I started this thread about a month ago and am starting to regret having done so.

I popped in to Sobo today for a couple of takeaway coffees and the service was excellent. The coffees themselves were very nice and I bought a croissant and a pastry as well which were lovely.

The place itself looked very clean and there were several tables of customers including several young women having a morning snack with their kids in pushchairs or prams alongside them. The music wasn't too loud and I thought it had a very friendly atmosphere in there.

Let's give the place a chance and hope it stays a busy and popular place to go.

I definitely intend to pop in for a hot breakfast or a panini over the next few days.
Tuesday 1 February 2011 9.05am
I agree. I may even end my flounce and go back to see if they've sorted out the bacon sarnies ;-)
Tuesday 1 February 2011 12.34pm
perhaps taylan needs to be careful with his posts..I think he has scared me off ..he sounds a bit unhinged.

if the cafe is good it will be fine.

change can be good
Tuesday 22 February 2011 12.58pm
The comments and suggestions from Bel Ludovic were absolutely spot on an if these are acted upon a happy ending is entirely possible.

MOST IMPORTANT (for me, at least) -
Remove the photographs of the food on the windows asap - they're a big mistake.

I really do wish the new owners of Sobo well.
Wednesday 23 February 2011 12.18pm
for the record...

went into Sobo this morning and had an EXCELLENT latte. I'll be back.
RGG
Monday 13 June 2011 8.27pm
The reason that the coffee is not as good as it was is nothing to do with the beans, they may well still be the same, its simply because all of the trained barista's have been replaced with people that don't know the difference between a latte and a flat white. Food and pictures of food aside, this is the main problem with Sobo's decline. Emphasis used to be on good coffee, and a lot of care was put into it, whereas now this is not the case. I wish the new owner well, but I do think the staff should be sent on some sort of barista course.
Tuesday 14 June 2011 2.22pm
I used to go to Sobo on Saturday mornings to get my girlfriend a bacon sandwich. It was such a treat - thick warmed white bread, quality bacon and a little tomato inside. I went more recently for a sit in and it was packet bread, cheap bacon and alas no little tomato.

The new owners may be really nice but I could just go to any greasy spoon cafe...

It's a shame as it was the only decent breakfast place in the area (Bermondsey Street Coffee not doing hot food).
Tuesday 14 June 2011 3.44pm
jamiembfranklin. Get yourself along to "Best of Bermondsey" cafe along Grange Road, great bacon butty in crusty bread, don't go for a full breakfast unless you have Desperate Dan sized appetite! No connection just a happy consumer luckily living opposite.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions