London SE1 community website

Sobo - a change of ownership?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Tuesday 14 June 2011 8.40pm
I haven't been to Sobo in a while but I think in all fairness give Taylan a chance!
Tuesday 14 June 2011 9.34pm
I've been to Sobo a fair few times in the past few months and actually I've found the coffee to be fine, in the main. I used to order cake to go with it, but the selection's gone downhill - I've not been tempted by the cakes on offer. I'll still continue going for the coffee and the warm, friendly service, but it would be nice to see the food restored to its previous quality.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 8.43pm
I don't know whether Taylan is still the owner of SoBo, but if he is (or whoever it is now) I would like to comment him.

I am slightly embarrassed to say that I haven't gone to SoBo since Martin & Peter sold the place. I used to be a regular and really enjoyed it. Only out of some (misplaced) loyalty I decided not to go anymore.

I was wrong. SoBo is still a lovely coffeeshop, the owner and his staff very friendly and the menu has significantly improved. Eggs for breakfast, hot dishes for lunch and still great coffee. The art is less sophisticated but that doesn't bother me at all.

I strongly recommend and support an excellent coffeeshop where we all can feel at home.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 10.04pm
Love it. Go in there all the time for bacon sandwich and to read the papers. Coffee is lovely
Monday 24 December 2012 11.24am
definitely need to add some praise for this place and echo maurits' comments.

whilst it's true that it's not as frou-frou as before, it really is friendly, good value food, and I love the fact that the owner can be persuaded to make all kinds of odd food combos from ingredients on the menu, even though the dishes aren't listed (baked potato & poached egg with tomato!) Thanks guys!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions