London SE1 community website

Where can I get some tomato plants in SE1 please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Tuesday 28 April 2015 1.54pm
I go to B&Q.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 2.47pm
I got some from Borough market a few years back.

If the 50 or so Chilli seeds that I've just sown sprout, I'll have about 40 of them to give away as well, I'll get back.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 3.36pm
The Homeware shop on Lower Marsh has a limited selection.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 4.37pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I go to B&Q.

That's what we did too. If anyone is trying to go there, I'd advise doing it before the Bank Hol Weekend.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 4.53pm
Karen I wrote:
The Homeware shop on Lower Marsh has a limited selection.

Never ceases to amaze me what you can find in that shop...
Tuesday 28 April 2015 5.17pm
East St on a Sunday
Zoe
Tuesday 28 April 2015 6.56pm
They do them on other days on East Street too, it's the stall near where the lollipop man is based.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 6.58pm
Zoe wrote:
They do them on other days on East Street too, it's the stall near where the lollipop man is based.

What vegetable plants do they do?
Zoe
Tuesday 28 April 2015 10.15pm
I have seen tomatoes, herbs and some plants that were green and looked like they were vegetables but I'm far too ignorant of gardening to know what they were (I'm pretty confident some were chillies though). Their plant availability seems rather random but they are cheap, so I like to stop off when I'm passing.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 10.24pm
Zoe wrote:
I have seen tomatoes, herbs and some plants that were green and looked like they were vegetables but I'm far too ignorant of gardening to know what they were (I'm pretty confident some were chillies though). Their plant availability seems rather random but they are cheap, so I like to stop off when I'm passing.

Great, thanks. I'll go and an have a look. Haven't been to East Street in ages, so a great incentive to re-visit.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions