London SE1 community website

mobile fishmonger

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Sunday 13 March 2011 6.59pm
city slickers! not sure how thats meant! lol
Monday 14 March 2011 7.36am
Debrajoan wrote:
Personally I think that this guy is a wind up merchant.
I think that he is yanking everyone's chain just for his own perverse kicks.
I also think that the appalling grammar and spelling are part of the act too, as in convince the "city slickers" that they are dealing with a northern hick.
?Cheese before bedtime?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 14 March 2011 11.58am
quite possibly ivanhoe lol
Monday 14 March 2011 8.53pm
CITY SLICKER (noun)

Sense 1 city slicker [BACK TO TOP]

Meaning:

A city dweller with sophisticated manners and clothing

so sorry for affending anyone
Tuesday 15 March 2011 9.54am
No offence taken! So, anyway, when are you coming to Southwark and where are you going to park up?
Tuesday 15 March 2011 10.38am
Wind Up Noun

wind up (sometimes wind-up)

1. (UK) A humorous attempt to fool somebody, a practical joke in which the victim is encouraged to believe something untrue.

Wind Up Verb
1. (UK) To play a prank, to take the mickey or mock...

Twenty quid? Are you winding me up?
Tuesday 15 March 2011 12.18pm
Nothing ventured nothing gained, FGB. I think you have to grab the erm... Chinese Silver Pomfret by the tail, swim with it and see if it bites. There are probably more people than on this forum who would be interested in access to a mobile fishmonger but you'd have to take the risk and pop down. The reference to 'city slicker' is probably read differently depending on where you live.
Tuesday 15 March 2011 12.29pm
businesses also take time to build. it's going to take him more than one trip. anyway, 6 pages worth of using this forum as a focus group is probably enough...
Sunday 13 January 2013 5.31pm
hi there i see there is aneed for a fresh fishman in the se1 area . i would like to supply people with fresh fish at weekends only. what i intend to do is to take orders and deliver at a certain time and deliver the goods, i will take all orders via email that way i know what i have got to get get as i dont want to over stock on fish . please get back to me with your thoughts.it wont ionvolve me gutting the fish as im not sure how to do it but i do knw that the fish i get is bought in frsh every morningand wont be at rip of prices i can assure you of that. any comments leave on here thank you
Sunday 13 January 2013 6.27pm
Hi fishman

Are you by any chance related to the "fresh grimsby fish" guy?

I would be interested - but we had 6 pages of promises and adverts from the other fella. Can you post some specific details and prices?

Thanks!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions