London SE1 community website

GP Surgery - Recommendation?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 22 March 2011 6.55pm
paz wrote:
Went to Mill St today ... the ladies at reception were patronising and incredibly brusque.

Sounds very familiar, are you sure you weren't at Princess St Group Practice? ;)
Wednesday 23 March 2011 7.22pm
paz wrote:
Went to Mill St today for emergency appointment and while the GP was lovely, was on the phone waiting to get connected for quite a few minutes and the ladies at reception were patronising and incredibly brusque.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Paz

I used to be registered with Mill Street. There were a series of 'incidents'... but the final straw was a failure of the main GP to attend three appointments in a row.

They were all missed by more than 30mins. I pointed out that I had to be at work and had booked and waited for an 0830 appointment for a reason.

I was made to feel like I was being unreasonable. A mostly civil exchange of letters followed and within that exchange I also contested the nature of a diagnosis (I have a copy of the referral letter to prove it). I was told in no uncertain to get lost and as such was removed from their list!

The PCT were rather surprised by this, but I saw not point in taking them up on their offer of assistance as Dr Campion had made his decision quite clear.

I moved to Parkers Row Family Practice and I've had no issues at all!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions