London SE1 community website

Nice cottages in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
dee
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.08pm
Pages walk have some nice little cottages or in Rotherhithe street still a few -i know SE16 but not that far.

rm
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.40pm
wilson grove area in se16, also roads actually immediately off southwark park.
Thursday 22 April 2004 3.34pm
The loos at the end of Grange road are closed, I believe. A matter for complaint by the antique traders iirc. I've never seen them open.

Pages Walk aren't exactly cottages. Just small houses. Likewise Lynton Road/Alma Grove etc imo.
Thursday 22 April 2004 9.18pm
What is a cottage that a small house is not?
Friday 23 April 2004 7.50am
much more pretentious

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 23 April 2004 9.48am
Thatched roof, wisteria, hollyhocks, grass, (semi?) detached.

I just don't see a Victorian terrace as being a 'proper' cottage. It's too big & grand. Perhaps I am wrong!

cottage. n. 1 a small simple house esp. in the country. 2 a dwelling forming part of a farm establishment used by a worker. 3 slang you know.. [Middle English via Anglo-French cotag Anglo-Latin cotagium from COT or COTE.

cote n. a shelter esp. for animals or birds; a shed or stall.
Friday 23 April 2004 10.06am
I'd have thought it'd have to be at least a semi. A very small semi at that.
Friday 23 April 2004 10.15am
It was months before I realised that the ' artisans cottages ' advertised in pages walk were the ' old railway 'ouses!'

jan
Friday 23 April 2004 10.25am
Jan,

Any more eveidence of your struggle to adopt the current rebranding terminology could result in you being drummed out of Southbankside by a posse of estate agents.

Take care!!

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 23 April 2004 11.51am
Ivanhoe, are you SoBo (SouthBankside) or SoBo (SouthBorough)? And when did the practice of removing the space between related words begin and why? I've just realised, on reading your post that I do it all the time. What's wrong with me? I haven't yet taken to turning all my statements into questions but surely it's only a matter of time. Then my flat will become an appartment and then a loft and the collar on my rugby shirt will turn itself up. I don't think I can face the inevitability of reaching a point when I think that Wimbledon's a pretty cool place on a saturday night and that All Bar One is a nice relaxing place to meet my friends. They're bulldozing my ghetto man.

"I knew I was cured"
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions