London SE1 community website

Nice cottages in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 23 April 2004 1.16pm
Would that be Wimbledon Village?
Friday 23 April 2004 1.20pm
Biro,

Sadly I can't claim to have had any involvement in the wonderful creation of any of the SoBo-type words that could save SE1 from any nasty individuality and will hopefully ensure at least another 57 branches of S***bucks by tomorrow.

If only I could have made it as an estate agent.......

[see chatter for details of planned unbranded SE1 cider-drinking session next Weds. It will be a good place for you to start the 12 step plan to turning your collar up!]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 23 April 2004 1.55pm
Ivanhoe, I do hope you didn't misconstrue my last post (cue bugle) as me having a pop. I feel that we are probably of the same mind. Thankyou for the invitation to drink cider. My colleague here tells me however, that cider is evil, the devil's work. Mind you, he also said that a fish needs a bicycle like a horse needs a carrot and I didn't understand that. This probably isn't the forum for that kind of thing.

"I knew I was cured"
Friday 23 April 2004 2.03pm
Not at all Biro. I thought it was very funny (hence drawing your attention to drinking on Weds - cider strictly optional, other drinks cautiously welcomed).

Look forward to hearing more from you

Friday 23 April 2004 2.07pm
Ivanhoe- at times like this I realise I am a lost cause..:-)

jan
Friday 23 April 2004 2.18pm
http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/generator.html

Don't know how to make this into a hyperlink. There must be an estate agent one. "Agent" makes them sound like something other than a 12 year old in a crap suit with a Becks haircut and a compulsion to tell big fat lies. I prefer the term "horse trader". Inaccurate I know, but it goes a little nearer the important truth.

this is useful too. Avoid the pitfalls of modern usage.

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/pressrelease.html

Post edited (23 Apr 04 14:50)

"I knew I was cured"
Friday 23 April 2004 2.53pm
Jan,

Stay lost. It's the best way to be. Just think about finding your way down to the pub on Weds. Would love to meet you.

Friday 23 April 2004 2.57pm
are you sure? previous description is not exagerrated!

jan
Friday 23 April 2004 3.15pm

"WANTED: Someone with taste, means and a stomach strong enough to buy this erstwhile house of ill-repute in Pimlico. It is untouched by the 20th Century as far as convenience for even the basic human decencies is concerned. Although it reeks of damp or worse, the plaster is coming off the walls and daylight peeps through a hole in the roof, it is still habitable judging by the bed of rags, fag ends and empty bottles in one corner. Plenty of scope for the socially aspiring to express their decorative taste and get their abode in 'The Glossy' and nothing to stop them putting Westminster on their notepaper. 10 rather unpleasant rooms with slimy back yard. 4,650 Freehold. Tarted up these houses make 15,000."

I think SE1 now needs a plain-speaking estate agent to rival Roy Brooks (the deceased founder of the firm who sold properties in post-war Chelsea not the current firm based in Dulwich!)

His collected ads from the 1950s and 60s Brothel in Pimlicowere republished a few years ago.
Friday 23 April 2004 3.24pm
Searles Road in 1972....6000...bloody disgusting everyone said....!

jan
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions