London SE1 community website

Yet another Tesco!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Sunday 15 July 2012 2.18pm
One of the remaining Tesco Borough Road people told me they'd lost two colleagues as a result of the change.

I refuse to use self-service. The more of us who hold out, the more the supermarkets will be forced to retain proper checkout staff.
Sunday 15 July 2012 2.39pm
Absolutely right, Boroman.

Anecdotally, I've noticed that the number of other refusers seems to be going up.
Monday 16 July 2012 2.55pm
I refuse to use them. The other day, in M&S at the Blue Fin, there was one employee behind a checkout till, and another employee walking along the line of customers and telling them that they could use the self service checkouts.

General amusement in the queue when someone pointed out to the second employee that they understood very well how the self service tills work, but what they'd really like would be if that employee could go and serve behind one of the empty tills, rather than telling people that they should use the self service ones instead.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 16 July 2012 4.43pm
Sounds like luddism to me!
Zoe
Monday 5 August 2013 9.18pm
Just got a letter from Tesco's saying they are planning to open a Tesco's at 3-11 The Cut. I have written to ask that they don't make it a carbon copy of all the other small supermarkets in the area, but I imagine they will anyway.
Monday 5 August 2013 10.42pm
What? So they are replacing the Costcutter? Madness... let's hope they run it a bit better than the one in Gt Suffolk St. but not hoping much. But I do hope they will keep the 24h opening at least.
Monday 5 August 2013 10.44pm
And why haven't we received a letter in Nelson Square, is it a normal consultation thing?
Zoe
Monday 5 August 2013 10.56pm
No, it was directly from Tesco's. The person's email address is [email protected], perhaps you should give him the addresses for Nelson Square (as the letters were sent by post) and ask him to write to people.

He says he will be around, do you think we should meet him?
Monday 5 August 2013 11.18pm
Tesco should have mine and many others' addresses via Clubcard surely :) Maybe it is still in the post... Will he be the manager of the shop maybe? Would make sense to tell him what is wrong with shopping in this area, then again how much is it all decided by the head office?
Tuesday 6 August 2013 7.04pm
Wherefore art thou Waitrose? (sic)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions