London SE1 community website

Yet another Tesco!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9
Monday 12 August 2013 3.50pm
I see Waitrose is getting closer.

On my run last night I noticed the siding going up on a Little Waitrose on the far side of London Bridge next to the Runnersneed / Pret.

Not quite south of the river but they are getting braver it would seem!

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/bf_home/bf/773.html
Monday 12 August 2013 4.33pm
ChloeB wrote:
I see Waitrose is getting closer.
On my run last night I noticed the siding going up on a Little Waitrose on the far side of London Bridge next to the Runnersneed / Pret.

Not quite south of the river but they are getting braver it would seem!

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/bf_home/bf/773.html

Let's hope it's better than the Waitrose at Creek rd or thereabouts,my wife went there saturday and brought home some disgraceful fruit,the worst bueberrys I have ever tasted,tastless plums and their dressed crab was tastless also,I am assured though that it was a nice shopping experience.
Thursday 22 August 2013 6.08pm
Costcutter in The Cut closes down on Monday.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 22 August 2013 6.32pm
"Costcutter in The Cut closes down on Monday."

The gossip from the staff is that it is going to become a nother Tescos. We will see!
Thursday 22 August 2013 6.34pm
It is - see previous page of this thread

Friday 23 August 2013 10.47am
It cant be any worse than the Tesco on the NKR. We finally have a contender to take over from the Tesco in the Elephant shopping centre as the worst shop in the world. There are rarely any bags there, they are hardly ever a proper size when there are some and often there is simply noone operating the tills at all (yesterday I just had to leave my shopping at the till after a few minutes for the want of anyone to actually serve me).
Tuesday 24 September 2013 6.01pm
Bit slow process for Tesco... the old sign has been removed now to reveal an older one:

Tuesday 24 September 2013 6.12pm
That's from the old Strickland's stationery shop - I remember picking up loads of bargains in their closing down sale!

Zoe
Tuesday 24 September 2013 7.37pm
I haven't managed to get very far with organising a meeting. They said they were happy to meet, but actually get them to agree a date has proved challenging.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions