London SE1 community website

Old Pictures

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 26 January 2014 12.32am
mapesk wrote:
I lived on Ralph Street in the 50's this was before the park was built on Harper Road between Falmouth Road and Dickens Square. Does anyone have any old pictures or know where I could get any of that area. I went to Joseph Lancaster School. We were the Mapes family and there were 8 kids. We lived at number 16 Ralph St.....but it is gone now. Anyone remember the street or the Mapes family?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keven
yes I remember you all, we lived next door at 18 and I believe you all emigrated to Canada! I have replied to your other post but forgot to mention that I have some photos of Ralph Street! There were 4 of us mum & dad, Rose, who was blind and Charlie and me and my sister Bernadette. Let me know if you want to see the pics and perhaps we can communicate through Facebook ..
Sunday 26 January 2014 12.40am
Hi guys, I lived at 18 Ralph street until 1966 when it was demolished :( My neighbours the Mapes family emigrated to Canada and the Kelly family moved in who later went to Whitworth House but sadly despite Facebook, I can't find them. I have pictures of my family in Ralph Street so maybe we could share what we have! Hope to hear back soon. Sue Holland
Friday 24 February 2017 4.50pm
Hi my name is Maureen Wright we
lived in 17 Wentworth House with my brothers Alex Peter Peter Michael David John Stanley sisters Caroline Christensen and Jane.Remember us
Saturday 25 February 2017 11.33am
Hi Maureen, sadly, your name does not ring any bells.we weren't allowed to stray from our street when we were kids! Your block does, however sound familiar.....did you know the Kelly family? Mr & Mrs Kelly were Kitty & Brendan and the kids were Mary, PJ, Brendan, Martin, John, Paul, Joseph & Mary....I lost touch with them years ago and despite searching on here and social media, I've had no luck. My sister may remember your family, she seems to remember people I don't! I'll ask her next time I speak to her...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions