London SE1 community website

Dognapping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Sunday 6 March 2011 10.02pm
hope you get your dog back safe and well reece, i hope everything can be done and will be done in finding your dog. what a horrible thing to happen! and what a shock it must have been! and what a pair of -! to do that to anyone! please let us know mate the outcome. good luck.
Sunday 6 March 2011 10.24pm
Hi Reece

What does you mean in the poster about a witness saying it was people from E, SE1 area?

I'll print some posters tomorrow and get them put up around where I live - pubs, shops etc.

M
Monday 7 March 2011 12.38am
Hope he comes back soon, safe and sound. I saw this on twitter and retweeted it.
Monday 7 March 2011 7.32am
Thanks very much for retweeting, Auntie Pat. Mullet, I've fixed the poster - we heard that people from Essex took him. They apparently phoned the Southwark warden and said that they'd take him to Battersea dogs home after they'd gone to a movie but before they went home to Essex. Needless to say he never arrived at Battersea!

BSB, he's now on doglost so hopefully all the vets between here and Essex will know who he is if they get him in. Fingers crossed.
Monday 7 March 2011 9.40am
Amano is now off my place to eat list..how mean of them..I would contact the local radio stations which ever covers Essex and ask them to do an appeal for the people who 'rescued' this young dog from outside a restaurant in the 'depths' of clink street in se1..and then told the Southwark Warden they were going to take him to Battersea after they had seen a movie, and the warden did not think any thing was odd?

He is a lovely looking dog and perhaps they will return him after he has provided daddy dog business with one of their own bitches?

Cockney roots are coming out now...what Cowsons they are! ( the thieves not the dogs!) Even they cost a fortune, pee on the floor, chew every thing they are not supposed to dogs are an intrinsic part of our family, and nicer than our kids sometimes...:-) Lets keep our fingers crossed for you..
Monday 7 March 2011 10.15am
I see a business opportunity here.
How about when leaving a dog unattended you attach a tag to his collar saying 'Owner in supermarket' or wherever.
Or how about padlocking an alarm to where the dog is tethered and have a sensor with a 2 metre range on his collar so if the dog moves out of range the alarm sounds and your mobile phone rings to alert you.

Monday 7 March 2011 12.26pm
This is just awful I really hope you get him back.

I no longer leave my dog unattended as around Christmas time I came out of a shop in Lower Marsh and met a nice elderly couple who were waiting with my dog until I returned, they informed me about a scam in the area where people are stealing dogs then contacting the owners for the reward.
Monday 7 March 2011 12.41pm
That's awful. It's so sad to think that it's not safe to leave dogs outside, as most shops and restaurants won't let them in! The Woolpack on Bermondsey Street is the only dog-friendly place I know around here. They're lovely. If we get Beans back that's the first place we'll go.
Reece
Beans' Lost Dog Listing
Monday 7 March 2011 12.41pm
That's pretty calculating to call the warden. Perhaps buying a little time. Taking the dog to a movie? Come on Southwark Warden. Were you born yesterday?

You never know, they may have been held up and decided to take him to their local dogs' home, or vet.

Keep the Twitter campaign up and maybe a Facebook one too if you use that site. People arriving home with a new dog is bound to attract attention.

My wife is printing off posters today and we'll put them in the shops and pubs near where we live in Borough.

Good luck.
Monday 7 March 2011 2.49pm
Thanks so much for putting up posters - we really appreciate it. We'll keep up with Twitter and Facebook, and hopefully it'll get through to people who would notice a new dog in the neighbourhood. It's a big world, though.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions