London SE1 community website

Wanted: Washing lines in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 10 March 2011 10.02pm
thankyou so much for taking the trouble to reply and post your thoughts.
Would love to interview you all and record your thoughts.
variety is perfect.

Mine dry over the bath. Would be bereft without it but still dream of a lavender hedge.
Friday 11 March 2011 12.36pm
still looking for washing lines on rooftops along old kent road especially and any gardens. thanks
Friday 11 March 2011 8.00pm
speedy wrote:
still looking for washing lines on rooftops along old kent road especially and any gardens. thanks

If you wait until there is some sunshine and the temperature a few degrees higher, you will get all the washing lines you want! I'm waiting for the sun to put his hat on so I can hang my washing on the line in the garden.
Monday 14 March 2011 10.25am
The people who have replied to this site saying that washing lines are ugly are visually impaired.
Monday 14 March 2011 10.31am
That last thread is not from SPEEDY
Monday 14 March 2011 5.50pm
St Hubert's House in Janet Street was built in 1935-6 for the Isle of Dogs Housing Society. The washing line posts feature the stags of St Hubert.
Monday 14 March 2011 6.23pm
You can see what Jady is talking about on streetview.
Thursday 17 January 2013 10.46pm
I am kick starting this project again, despite the forecast.
If anyone would welcome me to photography/film/interview them about their washing line I would love to hear from you.
Inside or outside / high or low / daily or monthly. It's all fascinating to me.

Thanks so much

Speedy
Friday 18 January 2013 9.44am
In the communal gardens/yards at the back of Chatham Street there are several rotary line thingies in each yard. I don't know if there's a formal rota to use them but I do see people using them when the weather's better!
Lots of drying on balconies of flats around the area though I've not spotted rooftop drying.
I'm lucky enough to have room for a folding wall mounted outdoor rack which takes up less space than the rotary one - agree with the comments about fresher laundry - it even works to refresh a certain person stinky gym kit!!!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions