London SE1 community website

Pulse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 21 March 2011 7.23pm
I walked past there on Friday evening (close to midnight) and the queue was well around the corner on the pavement. Although it all seemed friendly enough in the queue, I did have to step out into the road to one point which was less than pleasant. I also noticed that there were a lot of people on the forecourt and could not help wondering what would happen in case of an emergency.

To be fair, I like a good dance party but am not sure about the suitabiliy of the location.
Sunday 17 April 2011 5.36pm
Pulse club night - 10pm Saturday to 9.30am today! How was it for all those within earshot / sight line?
Sunday 17 April 2011 6.09pm
I could not hear any music but we had some very noisy youth outside and inside our estate in the early morning hours, waking me up.
They did leave when approached, though.

Peabody Estate, Southwark Street.
Friday 22 April 2011 9.37am
Another sleepless night in Burrell Street. Seemed to be a distinct lack of adequate security this time, as there were hordes of screaming people in the street until 7.30 this morning. Pulse management said there were club nights booked for Easter Saturday and Sunday - no mention of last night. Do hope we're not going to have four nights of it, especially as each gig lasts around 12 hours from start to the last people leaving!
Friday 22 April 2011 11.02am
I did not think the noise was to bad on Thursday night, until they started leaving in the early hours.
The next event according to their website (www.pulseclub.co.uk) is Sunday night from 22:30 onwards
Monday 27 June 2011 11.07pm
Has it gone bust?

There seems to be one event in july, one in December 2011 listed.

site
Tuesday 28 June 2011 9.41am
No - not gone bust - still working on their major soundproofing issues. The owner said at a meeting in March that their ultimate aim is corporate events, rather than club nights, so I assume these types of events wouldn't be shown on their website.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 9.44am
It's being marketed to the corporate market under the Bankside Vaults name:
http://www.quintessentiallyevents.com/exclusive-venues

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions