London SE1 community website

Accident on Tanner Street/junction with Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Friday 25 March 2011 12.32pm
Yes. That's exactly where I'm coming from. The only trouble is I've always hated the idea of hearing myself saying 'they need to make a few examples of them'.
Friday 25 March 2011 7.12pm
Coffee wrote:
jonnyp42 wrote:
The Netherlands also has 'strict liability' but as a motorist and a cyclist, I still object to the notion that motorist is always at fault!

And your comments are as valid as the next but this is NOT the place to be making them. Start a new thread if you must and do it there.

It sickens me that every time a cyclist is killed on the streets of SE1, it is posted on this forum and the same old its not always the motorist fault etc comes up. Please think about what you are saying and wether or not this is the place to say it.
Sorry if you're offended but I reserve the right to reply to people. You might not that I did not seek to make a point from scratch... so kindly wind your neck in.
Friday 25 March 2011 9.56pm
[/quote]
Sorry if you're offended but I reserve the right to reply to people. You might not that I did not seek to make a point from scratch... so kindly wind your neck in.[/quote]

Irony is that my post, to which you replied, originated from a deep, deep, desire to stop people from dying on the streets, whether they are young, old, cyclists, bikers or drivers. I feel offended that you used my post to make a point about motorists, and then arrogantly go on to defend your lack of respect and sensitivity.
Saturday 26 March 2011 8.50am
I still see it as a valid point, you extolled the virtues of another approach and I pointed out that it has it's faults.

This thread is not a memorial or epitaph for a deceased person, it is a discussion pertaining to a local highly newsworthy incident. As such I do not consider my comments insensitive or to demonstrate a lack of respect.

My comments in no way directly related to fault or blame in relation to this incident.

I assure you that I have no desire to see people die on our roads and regardless of my mode of transport have great respect for all road users.

I cycle, drive and ride (motorbike) so I see this issue from a number of perspectives. For the record I have myself been injured as a result of careless car drivers.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions