London SE1 community website

Reccommend me a gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 March 2011 12.47pm
Ello everyone,

Can anyone reccomend me a gym that has a pool, is clean, and is'nt going to hurt my pocket?
Mostly looking to use the pool, some cardio equipment and the standard supported weight machines.
Not looking for anything too fancy.

I know Top Notch are doing an offer for 42 a month just now but a review of the forums are telling me its dirty and theft prone.

Thanks
Thursday 31 March 2011 3.31pm
There's a swimming pool and gym at Downside on Druid Street. It's 15 a month, I think. There are restrictions on use but I'm not sure what. Phone no: 020 7407 0093

Hope it helps
Becki
Friday 1 April 2011 5.09pm
I really like top notch. Never noticed an issue about cleanliness? Certainly no dirtier than Virgin active at Moorgate, where I was a member previously. They recently changed the lockers to padlock only (which you buy or provide yourself) so I think security will be tighter now too.
Monday 4 April 2011 10.34am
I belong to Fitness First (Cottons) on Tooley Street, which has a pool and have no complaints about safety & cleanliness.
Monday 4 April 2011 10.36am
I use the circle spa on queen Elizabeth street, lovely place, lovely staff!
Monday 4 April 2011 3.05pm
I would highly recommend The Club at the Marriott County Hall.

It isn't a budget option by anyone's standards but it is worth every penny. The pool has natural light too which makes a real difference.
Monday 4 April 2011 4.32pm
I would seriously advise you not to go to Topnotch gym in St Thomas Street. Seems like thefts are a continuing and regular occurrence despite changes to locker security. See thread http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/136705
Tuesday 5 April 2011 8.50am
After visiting 37 degrees, circle spa, fitness first and Soho gyms (where I did some classes) I vouch that The county hall club is absolutely amazing. Luxury and a mostly empty large pool open until 11 pm at nights. Well worth every penny.
GT
Tuesday 5 April 2011 8.51pm
out if interest how much is county hall per month?

Thanks
Thursday 7 April 2011 8.55am
I am also looking for a gym buddy/buddies possibly to go to county hall. Mostly interested in starting swimming. I am an amateur. Do they have swimming classes too? I am free during the week after 730 pm except wednesdays and flexible over the weekends. Will also start gym or other classes. Anyone interested please let me know.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions